The Temple in the Gospel of Mark

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 11 2012 4:24 AM

The Temple in the Gospel of Mark, by Dr. Timothy C. Gray.  This is his doctoral dissertation, he is well-published and I think this would be an excellent addition to Logos!

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2012 7:35 AM

Looks interesting, but a wee bit expensive, especially considering the page count.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2012 8:26 AM

Dominick Sela:

The Temple in the Gospel of Mark, by Dr. Timothy C. Gray.  This is his doctoral dissertation, he is well-published and I think this would be an excellent addition to Logos!

These are the types of books that we should have in Logos/Vysro (If you ask me).  While dissertations are expensive and sometimes hard to read, but they will always make you think and get into the text!

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2012 10:30 AM

tom collinge:
While dissertations are expensive

Make that "While American dissertations are expensive". Swedish dissertations are no more expensive than other books. In fact, in these internet days they are sometimes perfectly free, like this interesting looking one I just found: The Dark Night: St John of the Cross and Eastern Orthodox Theology.

Actually, coming to think of it, that isn't really such a new thing after all. Rather it is the traditional thing coming back. It's not that many decades ago that defendants had to provide free copies for everyone who turned up for the disputation. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS