Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 20
Dean Chao | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 4 2009 10:21 AM

Hi there,

Is it possible at all to buy resources from others? For example if I'd like to get libronix version of a commentary set from a friend. Is it possible in light of the UELA?

thx

dean

Posts 153
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 10:33 AM

As I understand it, you are allowed to buy L resources from the current registered owner in the same packaging-bundles that they were originally supplied

You must contact L customer service to get the license transferred, and there is a onetime fee for that transfer ... I think they said it was ten or twenty dollars.

However you cannot break up bundled sets and sell them off, since the licensing has been negotiated specifically for the bundle.

=============
Redeeming the time (Eph.5:16+Col.4:5) ...
Jim Dean

Posts 20
Dean Chao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 12:37 PM

thx jim... found the same q in logos faq as well. i can buy/sell cd-rom versions but not downloadable versions...

God bless!

dean

Posts 430
Calvin Habig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 1:01 PM

So if you have a resource in a downloadable version, is it possible to get a CD (like pay $5 or something) to have it shipped to you? I feel like a fool for downloading ANY resources if something happens to me and my wife tries to give away or sell Libronix resources that she COULD have resold, but can't because I thought downloading was just as good as shipping, except even better because I save Logos the CD & shipping charge and let them spend it developing more resources! I guess not...

Posts 20
Dean Chao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 1:13 PM

same thing here. I am following another thread that says you CAN transfer downloadable resources. So there are conflicting ideas here at logos.

this page says you CANNOT transfer downloadable resources

http://www.logos.com/support/lbs/faq#transferlicenses

however on this forum Bob says you CAN transfer downloadable resources

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/87.aspx?PageIndex=5

I've emailed dave@logos.com to clarify. He's the academic sales representative. Will let you know what he says. I am hoping the information on FAQ is outdated

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 1:18 PM

Calvin Habig:

So if you have a resource in a downloadable version, is it possible to get a CD (like pay $5 or something) to have it shipped to you? I feel like a fool for downloading ANY resources if something happens to me and my wife tries to give away or sell Libronix resources that she COULD have resold, but can't because I thought downloading was just as good as shipping, except even better because I save Logos the CD & shipping charge and let them spend it developing more resources! I guess not...

It's possible to get CDs of all of the Resources (plus Libronix) with the exception of the 3rd party offerings (such as WBC or Hermeneia-- I would also suppose that would include those "life works" volumes if you really feel compelled to order them.) unless something has changed.  Rather than ordering the individual resources on disk I would recommend ordering the whole enchillada.  What am I saying?  They didn't have enchilladas in Moses' day.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 153
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 1:29 PM
It's simple. Call customer support and tell them what you want to do. They will know the options. I'm confident L will treat you fairly. I doubt you will be required to get a cd - but ALL my purch's have been cd's. ;-)

=============
Redeeming the time (Eph.5:16+Col.4:5) ...
Jim Dean

Posts 20
Dean Chao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 1:29 PM

do you have to pay anything in addition to shipping on the cds?

I just got a reply from Dave. You CAN transfer downloadable resources. I asked him to update the faq page so no one else may be mislead

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS