Clippings

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:51 PM

Is it possible to have more than one (1) clipping set going on at one time?  If so, how?  For example, to have one set researching Mal 3:10 and another set researching Acts 7:17?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:52 PM

Mathew,

Not right now. It defaults to the last used clipping

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:56 PM

Is this probably going to change with the updates?

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:56 PM

MathewRHaferkamp:
s it possible to have more than one (1) clipping set going on at one time?  If so, how?  For example, to have one set researching Mal 3:10 and another set researching Acts 7:17?

If you mean can you work on two separate clipping files at the same time, yes it is. Just go to the file menu and open the ones you wish to have open. Create a new one and name it what you want to start another.

If you mean "Can more than one clipping file show up in the right click menu at a time," the answer right now is no. You must click on the file you wish to add to so it is the active clipping file before right clicking, then it will show up.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:59 PM

Do you expect this problem to be rectified with updates?

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:00 PM

MathewRHaferkamp:
Is this probably going to change with the updates?

I have not heard that Logos plans to change this. I may have missed it, but it would be nice if they could fit it on to have all open clipping files (and note files) show up in the right click menu.

Remember, too, that you can highlight and drag anything to a clippings pane without using the right click menu.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:01 PM

Yes. There's another thread on it somewhere. I can't find it at the moment, but someone else here can probably point you to it.

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:05 PM

Thanks!

Posts 8
Scott Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 11:37 AM

Is it possible to use the 'highlighting' feature, within clippings?  I can't get that to work.

Scott

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 11:40 AM

ScottEAllen:

Is it possible to use the 'highlighting' feature, within clippings?  I can't get that to work.

Unfortunately, no.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 12:23 PM

ScottEAllen:
Is it possible to use the 'highlighting' feature, within clippings?

Here is a chart which shows where highlighting works in the wiki.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 5:36 PM

Whoever made that chart, thank you, it is helpful.  

But, I think that chart is the perfect argument for Logos to make one powerful note app that brings that all back to 1 box.  That would make so much more sense. 

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 5:50 PM

Michael Birney:
Whoever made that chart, thank you, it is helpful.

I believe that John Fidel designed the content and Thomas Black coded the page for him. Other have added to it.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 5:43 PM

In the clippings video the demo shows highlighting a passage, right click and click on "Ad a clipping". That option is not coming up for me. Instead it only gives the option of adding to an existing clipping file. Any ideas why this might be?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 5:47 PM

Brad Fry:

In the clippings video the demo shows highlighting a passage, right click and click on "Ad a clipping". That option is not coming up for me. Instead it only gives the option of adding to an existing clipping file. Any ideas why this might be?

This is the behavior that I would expect. The video might be from an older version with a slightly different behavior, or came from a system without any clippings files. If you want to start a new clipping file you will need to go to the file menu and create one from there.

Posts 153
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 7:10 PM

Does anyone know if you can access your synced clippings and note files online? My intel Mac went down and I'm now running my old windows machine at home and a PPC imac at work. The imac can't run L4 Mac. I'd like to be able to access via biblia.com or somewhere else. Any ideas?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 8:37 AM

rog:

Does anyone know if you can access your synced clippings and note files online? My intel Mac went down and I'm now running my old windows machine at home and a PPC imac at work. The imac can't run L4 Mac. I'd like to be able to access via biblia.com or somewhere else. Any ideas?

Currently you can't access synced clippings and notes online. I get the impression that something like this is coming but It's not available now.

Posts 3
Kyle Newby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:20 PM

I think that it would be really helpful, too, when you right click to be able to open various clipping files AND to be able to do likewise with various note files.  It would be great to be able to select from the right click menu "create new set of clippings (and likewise with notes)" or "save to existing clipping (and likewise with notes)" or something so that you could, by right clicking, either open up a new file for a new point of study or open up an existing file for either clippings or notes.  As it is only the most recently opened comes up, which, is nice to have as the first function when you right click but it would be very, very good to have extended options to do what I just said--start a new file or open an existing one to save the clipping/note to (not just the most recent one).  :)

That's my thought.  I realize that you can open up each new file (indeed you must) to save to various clipping files you have going on, but it could be more effective and efficient, I think, by the way just mentioned.  

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS