Layouts

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Juan Cruz | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 29 2012 6:24 AM

Does anybody know how to delete old Layouts with ease? I have hundreds of old Layouts in the right column of the Layout pane and the only way I can figure to delete them is one by one, opening the Layouts pane each time for a single delete. This is cumbersome. I suspect that my Layouts window takes forever to open is due to this reason, and I want to clean it out, anyways, it doesn't make sense to keep hundreds of layouts that I'll never use.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2012 6:54 AM

There is not a way to delete multiple at once, but you can delete the layouts without opening them. When you click on the menu for Layouts, on the left column is the list of named layouts. Just hover over one, right click, and you will see the delete option. You can then just go thru your list right there, it's pretty fast.

Posts 906
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2012 6:54 AM

Juan Cruz:

Does anybody know how to delete old Layouts with ease? I have hundreds of old Layouts in the right column of the Layout pane and the only way I can figure to delete them is one by one, opening the Layouts pane each time for a single delete. This is cumbersome. I suspect that my Layouts window takes forever to open is due to this reason, and I want to clean it out, anyways, it doesn't make sense to keep hundreds of layouts that I'll never use.

Juan,  The screenshot below depicts the Layouts tab, and shows that all the layouts you are deleting on the right side are simply a history of layouts that you have used in the past.  Only the layouts on the left are your saved layouts.  I can't think of any reason why it would be necessary to remove all of the layout history.  You may find this WIKI ARTICLE of interest.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2012 8:51 AM

Juan Cruz:
Does anybody know how to delete old Layouts with ease?

Welcome Big Smile

Logos 4 has automatic deletion of snapshot layouts.  All named layouts are kept.  Personally use right click on snapshots that lack interest (e.g. Home Page), then click delete (one at a time).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4
Juan Cruz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 6:13 AM

I finally went ahead and deleted them one by one using the red circle with an x in the middle, except for the latest layouts that I need. There were hundreds of them and it took about two hours to do it. Now my layout window opens in a flash and my computer no longer hangs up every time I open or save a layout. It was worth it. It would be nice if Logos would delete the old layouts after say three months.

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 6:38 AM

Yeah, the best way to deal with unused layout snapshots right now is probably just to keep up with deleting them periodically.  Once a week or so simply go through and delete them, clicking on the little "x" in the top right corner.  If this is done every so often, it'll only take a minute or so to do it and, therefore, not be much of a problem.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 6:46 AM

Juan Cruz:
It would be nice if Logos would delete the old layouts after say three months.

It normally does, and much faster than that. I have no unnamed layouts that are older than May 25. If you had "hundreds" you must have encountered a bug. If it happens again, go to the Windows or Mac forum and start a new thread called something like "BUG: unnamed layouts aren't automatically deleted". The "BUG:" prefix helps get the attention of Logos' developers and tech support folks. They rarely have time to look much at this forum.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2
Jonathan Rasmussen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 5 2012 12:26 PM

Just recent (maybe 4 months ago), there use to be an X on the left side where you could just push the X to delete it. But now, that feature is gone. I am currently trying to figure out what happened. I called and Logos techs mentioned to delete my Logos (fr iMac:Lion), then download it. I have and its still the same. Meaning, you have to delete the snapshots one at a time. Useless and a waste of time. So, I am hoping Logos will fix it like they did before.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2012 5:39 PM

Welcome to the forums, Jonathan.

Jonathan Rasmussen:
Just recent (maybe 4 months ago), there use to be an X on the left side where you could just push the X to delete it. But now, that feature is gone. (...) So, I am hoping Logos will fix it like they did before.

I hadn't noticed they were gone, but if they are: not likely. Lots of people complained after having deleted layouts by accident.

Jonathan Rasmussen:
you have to delete the snapshots one at a time

I'm afraid I don't understand. Why do you have to delete them at all? If you haven't named them, they will disappear automatically after a few weeks. And if you have named them, didn't you do that because you want to keep them?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:18 AM

Juan Cruz:
it doesn't make sense to keep hundreds of layouts that I'll never use.

Agreed... but all it takes is deleting your favorite complex layout even once, & you'll be a fan of ignoring the delete button--since NAMED layouts are intermingled with UNNAMED snapshots in the RH column that you are deleting from. And if you delete a named layout by accident (I did, once, since it was one of the OLDEST layouts I had in that RH column), you'll find as I did that there's no UNDO. 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2012 3:51 PM

Juan Cruz:
Now my layout window opens in a flash and my computer no longer hangs up every time I open or save a layout

Peace to you, Juan!             *smile*                                  .. and .....     Always Joy in the Lord!

I don't seem to have the same problem you had even though I have a very large number of layouts I wish to keep, especially on the right side.  I wonder if others have the same experience that you have           OR            if others don't really have a problem as I think applies to me.

I've read everything I could in the L4 Help File and also Wiki.logos.com and don't see the same urgency that you do.  Could you enlighten me a wee bit more, please?                 *smile*                                                                Thank you!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4
Juan Cruz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2012 5:45 PM
Milford, my machine took forever to open the layout window, about a minute or more, due to literally hundreds of old layouts (on the right hand pane). Since posting, I went ahead and erased all the layouts on the right-hand side that I didn't need, and since then it's a breeze. Now I go in about every other day and erase the old layouts, the ones that I have renewed on the left pane and have no use in keeping. Bless you!
Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 8 2012 9:29 AM

Peace, Juan!             *smile*

That makes sense!                        Thank you for your "sharings."

I am indeed "encouraged" to practise good housekeeping with my L4 setup.  

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 8 2012 12:27 PM

Juan Cruz:
Does anybody know how to delete old Layouts with ease?

You have already much good information on this subject. I just wanted to add a small word of caution. When deleting layouts on the right side of the box, DO NOT delete any that are also listed on the left side, or it will also disappear. BillS mentioned losing a valuable layout. That is probably how it happened. Experience may be the best teacher, but she is also a harsh teacher at times.

Posts 30
Eric Fary | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 9:31 AM

Love the new layout.  Works great.  Easy to use.  Not too cryptic!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS