Is Biblical People editable?

Page 1 of 3 (56 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 55 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:22 AM

I was wondering if the Biblical People function of Logos 4 Windows is something that I can edit.  I am not in agreement with some of the choices that Logos has made for us and I'd like to modify mine if it is possible.

Thank you

Posts 71
Brian Huddleston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:26 AM

It doesn't seem to be editable or maintained.  A correction was sent in over two years ago about Hosea's children.

Wylie, TX

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:34 AM

777:

I was wondering if the Biblical People function of Logos 4 Windows is something that I can edit.  I am not in agreement with some of the choices that Logos has made for us and I'd like to modify mine if it is possible.

Thank you

I am wondering if you could provide an example of what do you disagree with?

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:55 AM

Brian Huddleston:

It doesn't seem to be editable or maintained.  A correction was sent in over two years ago about Hosea's children.

Thank you for that information.  I'll use perhaps Visio or some other software to make my charts then.  Too bad Logos has chosen to make this set in stone and in my opinion, incorrect.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:02 PM

tom collinge:

I do not believe that Cain is Adam's son.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:17 PM

tom collinge:

I can certainly provide an example that I disagree with:

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:29 PM

fgh:

I can certainly provide an example that I disagree with:

OK, so now I have two that I disagree with.  Thanks for pointing this one out.

Posts 29811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:31 PM

777:

OK. I'll bite. Whose son is he?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:36 PM

777:

tom collinge:

Gen 4:1 

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:48 PM

Cain and Abel were born at the same time, as is evidenced by the fact that they brought their offerings to the Lord at the same time.  Satan seduced Eve and Eve carried Cain and at the same time she had relations with Adam and carried Abel.

God created men and women on the sixth day.  After that He rested.  After that He decided to make a farmer.  The people of the sixth day were not farmers or husbandmen.  Satan seduced Eve and Cain was the result.  This is why Adam and Eve had aprons to cover their private parts and why women were given to pain in childbirth.  Cain is NOWHERE listed in all of God's Word as being Adam's son.  Cain's lineage is listed after Adam's lineage.  Satan did this to try to adulterate the seedline in which Christ would come through.  This act also served as an example to Satan's fallen angel buddies in Genesis 6 to come to earth and have their way with the daughters of Adam, resulting in only Noah's family having a clean pedigree.  Cain went on to marry one of the women of the sixth day creation of men and women.

Go read the parable of the tares.  After Christ gave the parable of the tares He explained it to His disciples.  A parable explained is no longer a parable.

Try reading Genesis using the Hebrew text and not some translation.  It might make more sense to you then.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:51 PM

777:

Cain and Abel were born at the same time, as is evidenced by the fact that they brought their offerings to the Lord at the same time.  Satan seduced Eve and Eve carried Cain and at the same time she had relations with Adam and carried Abel.

God created men and women on the sixth day.  After that He rested.  After that He decided to make a farmer.  The people of the sixth day were not farmers or husbandmen.  Satan seduced Eve and Cain was the result.  This is why Adam and Eve had aprons to cover their private parts and why women were given to pain in childbirth.  Cain is NOWHERE listed in all of God's Word as being Adam's son.  Cain's lineage is listed after Adam's lineage.  Satan did this to try to adulterate the seedline in which Christ would come through.  This act also served as an example to Satan's fallen angel buddies in Genesis 6 to come to earth and have their way with the daughters of Adam, resulting in only Noah's family having a clean pedigree.  Cain went on to marry one of the women of the sixth day creation of men and women.

Go read the parable of the tares.  After Christ gave the parable of the tares He explained it to His disciples.  A parable explained is no longer a parable.

Try reading Genesis using the Hebrew text and not some translation.  It might make more sense to you then.

Ok, I am game. I read this and see no Scriptures that demonstrate what you say, care to add some...?

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:01 PM

Room4more:

Ok, I am game. I read this and see no Scriptures that demonstrate what you say, care to add some...?

Are you quite unable to read all of Genesis chapters 1 through 6?  Can you not locate the parable of the tares without assistance?

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:01 PM

777:

WOWZA....

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:04 PM

Room4more:
I am now sorry for asking for an example.  Please, no theological debates.

I can understand the Jesus' example because some denominations in the perpetual virginity of Mary.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:14 PM

tom collinge:

]I am now sorry for asking for an example.  Please, no theological debates.

I can understand the Jesus' example because some denominations in the perpetual virginity of Mary.

As I had stated earlier, I was simply looking to see if the Biblical People feature was editable as I find this to be in error.  You asked.

I got the answer to my question and will move forward with using Visio or another diagramming program instead of the Biblical People feature of Logos.  I'm not here to give Bible lessons.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:22 PM

777:
I was simply looking to see if the Biblical People feature was editable as I find this to be in error.  You asked.
Yes you did, and yes I did, and yes you did.  I am sorry for the harassment that you received from answering my question.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:32 PM

777:
I'm not here to give Bible lessons.

It's been a while since I've run across the 'Serpent Seed' doctrine. And I agree that you didn't ask to be attacked and were only responding to someone's inquiry as to which Biblical People chart you disagreed with.

However, I can't let this very condescending comment go. This is very typical of the supporters of this doctrine. Such a minute group of supporters for this racist based doctrine... everyone else is Kenite. It's a shame. 

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:45 PM

Tom Castle:

It's been a while since I've run across the 'Serpent Seed' doctrine. And I agree that you didn't ask to be attacked and were only responding to someone's inquiry as to which Biblical People chart you disagreed with.

However, I can't let this very condescending comment go. This is very typical of the supporters of this doctrine. Such a minute group of supporters for this racist based doctrine... everyone else is Kenite. It's a shame. 

Who said that I am a racist or that I adhere to any doctrine other than what is stated in the Word of God?  You are the one that is taking Truth and saying that it is evil.  Take a few minutes and ponder over that. 

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 3:15 PM

Tom Castle:

777:
I'm not here to give Bible lessons.

Perhaps you'd like to argue your point with Father about this.  In Genesis 3:15 God is speaking to Satan.  Just who is "thy seed"?

Genesis 3:15 (AV)

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

While you're at it, check out the seven churches in the book of Revelation.  Christ finds fault with five of them and no fault with two of them,  Go read and see what Smyrna & Philadelphia know that you obviously do not know.  It seems to me that you should listen to Christ when choosing a church.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 3:32 PM

Please, no theological conversations here.  If we look (and it would not be hard), we can find different understandings of scripture with everyone within the forums.

Page 1 of 3 (56 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS