More Download Problems

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:30 AM

I read on another thread that some people were missing resources. A solution was given to delete the updates.db file and which would force Logos 4 to rebuild that file and download anything that might be missing.

I did that and it did indeed find files to download and then went through an re-index for about an hour, maybe less.

The thing is, I have done it again, and it keeps doing the same thing. It keeps finding things to download. I have no idea as to what, but just now it downloaded 27mb of something. This time however, it did not go through a re-index.

Logs are attached.

Help?

Jerry4442.JBush Logs 11-17.zip

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 1:38 PM

The 27Mb was probably a service release, no new resources but bug fixes for the engine. This would explain the lack of indexing.

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 1:46 PM

I don't think so. After your reply, I deleted the "updates.db" file again and got another 27mb of downloads. No way to tell what it is. It is still downloading, so I don't know if I am in for another indexing or not this time.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 2:11 PM

Compare your earlier logs to these and you might see what's being downloaded each time.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:15 PM

Thomas -

I tried looking at them but they did not make any sense to me. I am still in the same loop:

Delete updates.db and it downloads 27mb of something.

Jerry

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:33 PM

Jerry Bush:

I don't think so. After your reply, I deleted the "updates.db" file again and got another 27mb of downloads. No way to tell what it is. It is still downloading, so I don't know if I am in for another indexing or not this time.

Jerry

It seems you are using an older service release, try typing in Update now in command bar and after the download the blue logos icon in taskbar should let you install the update.

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:32 PM

I have tried Update Now many times. That does not fix it.

Jerry

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS