where are the Personal Books kept?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
James Clabaugh | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:33 PM

Unfortunately, I must rebuild my computer.  I'm making copies of all my important files to reinstall once i have a blank computer with OS.  I know Logos will rebuild itself, but not the Personal Books.  Where are they so I don't have to rebuild each book separately?

Posts 9530
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:54 PM

James, in Windows 7 they are are found here: C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\random string}\PersonalBooks

You might want to refer to the guidance on installing onto multiple computers as Method 2 would save you download and indexing time: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2521
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:55 PM

If I remember correctly the personal book files are in the same folder as all your other resources. 

Posts 3191
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:56 PM

Ronald Quick:

If I remember correctly the personal book files are in the same folder as all your other resources. 

This is true. And as is the case with the other resources they are stored in a file format only read by Logos 4. 

Posts 2521
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 1:00 PM

I just double checked - on Windows Vista - my personal books are in the same resource folder with all my other resources.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 1:27 PM

dont forget to back up your Word Doccs also (source)

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS