Page 8 of 8 (146 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
This post has 145 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 29617
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:15 PM

Jeffrey Visser:

Dan, there is a difference between the kindle fire and other kindles. The use of Vyrso does not help.  On the regular old Kindle the text is more like a book and easier for the eyes.  This is the big advantage of the kindle.  Outside of that, everything can be done on a tablet.

Jeffrey — I'm not quite sure what you are responding to... But this thread is quite old. You revived a thread whose last post was nearly a year ago. Dan responded to someone who revived the thread from a year before that! Wink

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 86
Jeffrey Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:10 PM

Yep, I was hoping to revive the original need to have something to download a version I can copy onto my kindle.    The need is still there.  Since posting I have found a newer one with a similar topic. I, also,  wanted to correct the notion that kindle fire= kindle access.  Kindle fire= android access not kindle access and the need to copy to the kindle is still there....

Posts 29617
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:22 AM

Jeffrey Visser:
I was hoping to revive the original need to have something to download a version I can copy onto my kindle.

… but a "kindle" doesn't run ANY apps! 

Logos is looking into creating a conversion tool, but there are no guarantees that it will happen. Even if it does happen, it would not be like "running a Logos App on the Kindle…" Rather, it would be "reading Logos/Vyrso resources on your e-ink kindle device, with any note taking capabilities remaining on your Kindle device."

NOTE: You can convert your Logos resources for Kindle now if you are industrious enough.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 86
Jeffrey Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:14 AM

I understand that there are not apps on the kindle. I am not looking for that.  I do, on occasion, move a book or portion of a book to my kindle.    It would be great if Logos would facilitate the download to create a kindle formatted book so I didn't need to do it manually.

Since there is a work around for this, in my opinion, it is second to the need to use personal books across devices so that I can efficiently use my kindle books in Logos. 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:17 AM

alabama24:
… but a "kindle" doesn't run ANY apps! 
Well there ARE kindle apps of a sort, but they are nothing like apps for iPhone/Android which are full programs. I have, for example, a couple of simple games on my kindle paperwhite, which my kids play on trips.

Just clarifying needlessly.Roll Eyes

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:26 AM

Jeffrey Visser:

It would be great if Logos would facilitate the download to create a kindle formatted book so I didn't need to do it manually. 

There is hope this is coming! http://community.logos.com/forums/p/70216/487930.aspx#487930

Page 8 of 8 (146 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS