search journals by author

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1826
Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:27 PM

Is it possible to search the library of journals I have in a collection in order to find all articles written by a particular author in those journals?

Posts 9007
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:07 PM

Mark, it should be. Most, if not all, journals have author as a searchable field.

Do the following:

Where it normal says 'All Text' click and select 'Search Fields' then 'Author'. Then type the author's name in the search field and click Enter.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1826
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 5:32 AM

Thanks.  I was unaware of that.

Posts 1826
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 5:43 AM

I just did a search of the entire library by author on U. CASSUTO and the results came back that I had nothing in my library by that author. I also tried just Cassuto.  And yet I own a number of resources by this author.

I tried other searches for other authors and got results.  But it makes me wonder how reliable this is.

Posts 1826
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 5:47 AM

I have done several searches now of various authors that I have in my library and the results do not reflect the resources I have in my library.  Has anyone else had issues with the search function for authors?

Posts 8891
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:08 AM

Mark:
I just did a search of the entire library by author on U. CASSUTO and the results came back that I had nothing in my library by that author. I also tried just Cassuto.  And yet I own a number of resources by this author.

You're not supposed to use Search for that. You're supposed to use Library. Search searches within a book (which is why this works for things like journals and dictionaries); Library searches on metadata, like author, title etc.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1826
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:20 AM

Thanks.  That makes sense.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS