4.5c Beta 4 (4.53.0.2187) Bugs?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 16 2012 6:52 PM | Locked

Release note links are not operative (at this writing) for betas 3 or 4, so I can't check whether this is intended behavior or a bug.

The PG (& MPG) sections that find sermons in Logos sermons & sermoncentral.com are both missing.

Crying

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 7:04 PM | Locked

BillS:

The PG (& MPG) sections that find sermons in Logos sermons & sermoncentral.com are both missing.

They're back. Mystery solved. When I started Logos last night (in an RV park), I wasn't connected to internet. When I continued work tonight (after putting the laptop to sleep, & without restarting Logos), I reconnected to internet. Logos didn't. Nor was there ANY indication that it hadn't.

When I realized that, I restarted Logos & problem solved....

Shouldn't there be some sort of indicator to let us know that we aren't on-line------especially if internet is available?

Thanks for listening!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 7:20 PM | Locked

BillS:
Shouldn't there be some sort of indicator to let us know that we aren't on-line
I don't use L4 outside of internet access, but wouldn't the spinning synchronization arrows be replaced with something that looks like a yellow or orange triangle?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 27905
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 8:06 PM | Locked

Jerry M:
but wouldn't the spinning synchronization arrows be replaced with something that looks like a yellow or orange triangle

You would see that warning on top of gray/faded arrows! And if working offline by choice the arrow icon will be absent (blank).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
if working offline by choice the arrow icon will be absent (blank).

Without internet, I thought I HAD to work offline "by choice" (Logos stopped at the sign-in point).

I'd argue that the absence of an indicator does not constitute an indicator... Wink

Thanks for the responses....

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27905
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 6:22 PM | Locked

BillS:
Without internet, I thought I HAD to work offline "by choice" (Logos stopped at the sign-in point).

if there is no internet when you start L4 you have a choice to work offline or not at allSmile and Logos will not attempt to use the Internet until you restart "normally".

BillS:
I'd argue that the absence of an indicator does not constitute an indicator... Wink

So you'd like to see an X indicator on top of the grey arrowsWink

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:13 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

So you'd like to see an X indicator on top of the grey arrowsWink

Something like that would get my attention MUCH quicker than the absence of an indicator. In addition, should a network become available why not ask if we want to connect? I wouldn't mind answering that question ONCE, or even TWICE (since lots of stuff happens the instant we connect if we've been disconnected for awhile, & I wouldn't want it to get lost in the heavy traffic.... I would mind answering that question every 2 minutes, though. Wink

Thanks for the response, Dave... Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:36 AM | Locked

BillS:

This happened to me once. When I loaded Logos I happened to be offline by necesssity (I was on a train), and just put my laptop on standby without exiting Logos when I left the train. By the time I powered up next I had long forgotten Logos was offline. An indicator would therefore be nice, though it shouldn't look as though it's in an error condition. A simple 'offline' icon in place of the greyed out arrows would be appropriate (given that the grey out arrows mean 'not syncing' rather than 'offline').

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
An indicator would therefore be nice, though it shouldn't look as though it's in an error condition. A simple 'offline' icon in place of the greyed out arrows would be appropriate (given that the grey out arrows mean 'not syncing' rather than 'offline').

It isn't just me. Sooner or later, all of us who use "sleep" to avoid long boot times are going to get caught. This needs a fix... I like Mark's thought--shouldn't look like an error... but there should be a POSITIVE indicator, & perhaps even ONE invitation when network is again available...

I'm just sayin' Wink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 1:23 PM | Locked

This sounds like a suggestion for our UserVoice website: http://logos.uservoice.com/

If you're not familiar with UserVoice, it allows our users to place 'votes' on which features of the program they would like to see added/changed.  You can search that site to find an existing item you can add your votes to or create a new item for your suggestion. Thank you.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 2:51 PM | Locked

Ann Boyles:
This sounds like a
a poor UI design to me.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS