advancing page in reading mode

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:33 PM

When I try to advance the page in reading mode, instead of advancing the screen a page it goes back to the beginning of the chapter. Any ideas as to why this might be?

Posts 2893
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:47 PM

How are you advancing it?

I'm currently installing so I cannot confirm this, but one way is to hit space I believe.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:49 PM

I intended to include that critical info but forgot. Yes, I'm hitting the space bar.

Posts 2893
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:50 PM

Have you tried the more normal ways like page down or the arrow keys?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:52 PM

Brad Fry:
I intended to include that critical info but forgot. Yes, I'm hitting the space bar.

That seems very odd to me. Space bar advances one page fine for me. I usually use my mouse buttons for this (I set the two extra buttons on my mouse to page up and page down in L4) but have never noticed a problem with the space bar.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:10 PM

Just tried page down. It worked for a couple of pages then jumped to the index. The space bar problem is random. It will work two or three times then jump to the beginning of the chapter.

Posts 2893
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:50 PM

You have a very strange anomalous problem. I'd call support.

One thought, does it do it in all books or just one?

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:05 PM

I tried different books Kevin. Some books did it and some didn't. But I found that those that did opened up with the table of contents bar on the left. Once I unchecked the "show the table of contents" it scrolled like it should. I still don't understand why that would cause this problem but it apparently does. Thanks for your help.

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:18 PM

Brad Fry:

I tried different books Kevin. Some books did it and some didn't. But I found that those that did opened up with the table of contents bar on the left. Once I unchecked the "show the table of contents" it scrolled like it should. I still don't understand why that would cause this problem but it apparently does. Thanks for your help.

Do you have a wireless mouse/Keyboard?  IF so, Low bateries?

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:32 PM

No on both counts. Thanks.

Good night all.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 4:12 AM

Brad Fry:

There are only two things I can think of that could be causing it to go to the table of contents. One is accidentally hitting "End" instead of PgDn. I do this often. The second is hitting PgDn while inside of the table of contents instead of the resource. The part that causes me to question it being the second is when you said "it will do it right a couple of times and then go to the index. Plus that doesn't answer the initial question of going to a chapter heading.

Posts 2893
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:34 AM

is it possible that your mouse is hovering over the TOC when this happens?

If that is true, then do you have a setting in your mouse settings that tells it put focus on anything that the mouse is hovering over? A way to test this is to put two windows open at the same time with one on top of the other but part of the other still showing.

Like this:

You see I have Logos 4 over an explorer window. Now if you move your mouse from the front window to hover it over the back window does the back window come to the front. If so, then your mouse is stealing focus from the reading pane to the TOC pane. Turning off the TOC prevents this.

If not, then I'm stumped.

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:40 AM

Brad:

Can you tell us which resource, and whether you have the table of contents open? I sometimes have problems with focus changing to the TOC.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:16 PM

I don't ever use the page up/down feature. Just  the space bar. My mouse cursor is on the right side of the page but not in any scroll area. The Table of contents appears on the left so that's not it. I tried this again today and did find that if I had the TOC open and hit the space bar it would jump to the beginning of the chapter. Did this in any book I opened. If I kept it closed it did not happen. So as far as I can see that's the solution. But I don't know why. First noticed it yesterday while I was reading "Christ-Centered Preaching".

Thanks for all your help.

Brad

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS