New SW Load

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Jenny Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 30 2012 8:09 AM

Just got the Logos Bible SW 4 load and it crashes every time!  I have a Mac and I'm assuming the auto updater knew that and loaded the appropriate SW.

Ugh...was so happy last week when I heard about and got this SW but it hasn't been very good at all.  Wanted to get the NIV version as my Bible on the SW but couldn't see any way to do this...even searching on Logos.com.

Sad

Great concept but poor execution.

Hope to see improvement but for now, I'll be using the good ol' fashioned method of Bible reading.

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2012 11:45 AM

Jenny, 

I use the Windows version, but in general if the software is indexing, performance may not be the best...although based on my review of the Mac side of the Logos forum, it appears the mac version has performance issues regardless.

When I got the SW update for Windows, Logos crashed the first time it tried to apply the new update (which is odd).  A day later, it tried to apply the update again & this time it was successful.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2012 12:04 PM

Jenny Smith:
Just got the Logos Bible SW 4 load and it crashes every time!  I have a Mac and I'm assuming the auto updater knew that and loaded the appropriate SW.

Jenny—Welcome to the forum—Sorry about your difficulty. Could you give us some ore information.

What, exactly, are you seeking to accomplish? Be specific, so we can provide relevant advice.

Basic things to learn about Logos4 is a good place to start learning the basics of L4. Most are probably written by Windows users, but most of the basic procedures work basically the same.

Don't  be afraid to ask—We were all novices at one time Geeked

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2012 10:14 PM

Jenny Smith:
Just got the Logos Bible SW 4 load and it crashes every time!

Welcome Big Smile

For crashes, one option is contacting Logos Tech Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact (currently stable and beta channels have same release)

Other option is enabling logging, restart Logos 4 Mac.  If crash repeats, then compress Logging folder and attaching zip file to a reply so Logos users and employees can look at log files.  Wiki has => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac

Optional: download and use 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS