New Increments Please on Spurgeon's Sermons

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 5 2012 1:23 PM

As The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection (63 vols.) has $25 increments on Community Pricing and is nearing closure, please could we have smaller increments?

I'm aware that this has been raised elsewhere (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/47918/374474.aspx#374474), but I thought it deserved its own thread.  Thanks, Logos.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 2:06 PM

Andrew Baguley:

As The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection (63 vols.) has $25 increments on Community Pricing and is nearing closure, please could we have smaller increments?

I'm aware that this has been raised elsewhere (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/47918/374474.aspx#374474), but I thought it deserved its own thread.  Thanks, Logos.

+1 Yes

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 3:53 PM

Paul Clarke:

Andrew Baguley:

+1 Yes

+1 YesYes

"I read dead people..."

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:21 AM

Thanks for the thumbs up.  I usually wait until bidding is ready to close before asking for extra increments, but as Logos has a closing window of as little as two days, and knowing I may be offline for the next week, I thought I'd get in early this time.  Please feel free to bump this, or otherwise request new increments when it goes over 100%.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 6 2012 9:54 AM

Will do Andrew. This is the CP resource I want most right now and, if we can get it into production for less than $75, that will make a good value resource even better!

Posts 29907
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 6 2012 9:57 AM

Yes

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1158
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2012 4:21 AM

I mentioned this also sometime back in a thread. I hope Logos agrees to modifying the granularity of price scale.

Armin

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:05 AM

Will increments help it to pass over the line or hinder it?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:09 AM

Evan Boardman:
Will increments help it to pass over the line or hinder it?

No effect that way.  Just makes a lower price more possible.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 1000
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:10 AM

Yes

Unfortunately seems to be falling on deaf ears

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:15 PM

Wonder if a thread in Logos.com Website forum would be more effective ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2012 10:59 AM

I would think that Logos would have a standard pricing increment model for their CP offerings.  Something along the lines of increments of $25 for prices above $100, increments of $10 for prices from $50 to $100, and increments of $5 for prices below $50.  The haphazard way that Logos sets CP pricing makes very little sense to me and is surprising for a company that seems to have a solid business model in place. 

Posts 1000
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:39 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Wonder if a thread in Logos.com Website forum would be more effective ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Or maybe a regular BUMP Idea

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:53 PM

I'm hoping that Logos will still do this, but they usually wait until it has crossed the line before adding new increments.  At the rate that CP resources were crossing the line about a month ago, I thought it might close then and, as I wrote at the time, I thought it might close while I was away from internet access.

This hasn't been forgotten by me.  I was just waiting until it crossed the line before requesting it again.  Requests like this in the forums have been responded to well by Logos in the past.  Here's hoping they'll respond well to this request in time...

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:05 PM

Yes please! Smile

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:09 PM

Yes please +1.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:56 AM

+1Yes

Posts 1937
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 12:43 PM

Just noticed that Logos did change it from $25 increments to $5 increments!

Posts 426
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 1:06 PM

I'm confused.

I posted about this collection on a Christian forum at 1am. It was still $25 increments. So, I see this plea to lower the increments.
Ok, that's cool and all; BUT, I see that there are tons of bids on these new increments. How on earth did so many bids get placed in 12 hours, when for several weeks, we hadn't seen that many? It makes me wonder what is going on.

Also, I'm very suspicious of the Princeton Journals, that when it was first listed had a min. $25 bid, but now, $50.
I'm trying very hard to not look at Logos suspiciously; but, does not compute.

Any more experienced users able to explain this?
Thanks.

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 1:15 PM

LegendsOfBatman:

I'm confused.

I posted about this collection on a Christian forum at 1am. It was still $25 increments. So, I see this plea to lower the increments.
Ok, that's cool and all; BUT, I see that there are tons of bids on these new increments. How on earth did so many bids get placed in 12 hours, when for several weeks, we hadn't seen that many? It makes me wonder what is going on.

Also, I'm very suspicious of the Princeton Journals, that when it was first listed had a min. $25 bid, but now, $50.
I'm trying very hard to not look at Logos suspiciously; but, does not compute.

Any more experienced users able to explain this?
Thanks.

No new bids, it just slants down to the level of the $50 bids. As for the Princeton Journals $50 is too low, they should raise the min. higher, or they will never publish.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS