Is it possible to loose books in an upgrade?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 142
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:22 AM

I recently purchased Original Languages L4.  I noticed the new "uprgrade" price for me if I upgraded to the Scholar's addition.  My question is if I even upgraded to the scholar's edition, would I loose the books that came with the OL edition and are not listed in the Scholar's Edition?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:26 AM

MichaelSullivan03:

I recently purchased Original Languages L4.  I noticed the new "uprgrade" price for me if I upgraded to the Scholar's addition.  My question is if I even upgraded to the scholar's edition, would I loose the books that came with the OL edition and are not listed in the Scholar's Edition?

Nope. You loose nothing. You just add to it any resources you do not already have that are included in the new package.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:30 AM

Resources -FAQ

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 142
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 11:30 AM

So just to reaffirm - if I choose to upgrade from the Version 4 Original Language Library to the Basic Version 4 Scholar's Library - I will still retain all the book I have in the Orinigal Language Library - even the ones not listed under the Scholar's Library  (Like the Tischendorf apperatus or Metzger's Textual commentary - both of which are not listed under th scholar's Library).

Sorry if I am reasking the Question, but I guess the "Resources FAQ's" address upgrading from v.3 - v.4.  I am talking about upgrading v.4 libraries from OL to the basic Scholar's edition.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 11:34 AM

MichaelSullivan03:

So just to reaffirm - if I choose to upgrade from the Version 4 Original Language Library to the Basic Version 4 Scholar's Library - I will still retain all the book I have in the Orinigal Language Library - even the ones not listed under the Scholar's Library  (Like the Tischendorf apperatus or Metzger's Textual commentary - both of which are not listed under th scholar's Library).

Sorry if I am reasking the Question, but I guess the "Resources FAQ's" address upgrading from v.3 - v.4.  I am talking about upgrading v.4 libraries from OL to the basic Scholar's edition.

The short answer: Yes.

The longer answer: If you have it and can access it in Logos3, you'll have it in Logos4 after an upgrade, or crossgrade. If you're already seeing it in Logos4, you'll continue to see it in Logos4 after an upgrade, or crossgrade. This assumes you have the proper licenses, that you've synced them with the Logos server and that you're using the same log-in for Logos4.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 142
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 12:55 PM

Thanks you for the replies, everyone. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS