BUG: Clicking on columns in word list doesn't change sort order (4.6 Beta 1)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

Clicking on a column header in a word list doesn't change sort order, even though the sort order arrowhead on the column does change. The window redraws, but nothing changes.  Here, I've clicked on "Count" but it's not sorted:

On the other hand, "Grouping" by dragging the column does work correctly.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

I will report the issue to Development.  Thanks!

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
Clicking on a column header in a word list doesn't change sort order, even though the sort order arrowhead on the column does change.

Been waiting for an opportunity to say this: It works correctly in L4 Mac Big Smile

Posts 26817
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:09 PM | Locked

Jack Caviness:
Been waiting for an opportunity to say this: It works correctly in L4 Mac 

Something is working on the Mac...Surprise

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:38 PM | Locked

Jack Caviness:

Been waiting for an opportunity to say this: It works correctly in L4 Mac Big Smile

I think that is a sign of the apocalypseWink

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 2:22 AM | Locked

Fredc:

Jack Caviness:

I think that is a sign of the apocalypseWink

Shucks, I thought it was the dawn of the Millennium Confused

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:54 AM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
Clicking on a column header in a word list doesn't change sort order, even though the sort order arrowhead on the column does change. The window redraws, but nothing changes. 

Okay, this seems to be working for me now.  I don't think anything changed.  I'm still on beta 1, but I can't reproduce the problem.

I obviously had the problem based on the screenshot in the first post.  I will continue to try to recreate.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 217
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2012 1:43 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

Okay, this seems to be working for me now.

I can get the columns to sort as I wish on the screen, but not in a printed/exported word list either to the clipboard or to Word. The Lemma column seems to have three sort values: alpha ascending, alpha descending, and order of appearance. I get the exported list in order of appearance no matter how it is sorted on screen. Perhaps I am confused about how it is supposed to work.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS