The Constantine Codex I put Vyrso Thread under General because ....

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:37 AM

Free Book!     Vyrso.com/july                                      

The Constantine Codex

Paul L. Maier

I put this thread under General instead of Vyrso because it's just that great!  You wouldn't want to miss it, eh?

What a fantastic author Maier is!           This book and his others!              Israel!         Archaeology!

Excitement!                  Mystery!                      Gripping!                  You will want to read the whole book in one sitting.

Harvard Professor Jonathan Weber is finally enjoying a season of peace when a shocking discovery thrusts him into the national spotlight once again. While touring monasteries in Greece, Jon and his wife Shannon—a seasoned archaeologist—uncover an ancient biblical manuscript containing the lost ending of Mark and an additional book of the Bible. If proven authentic, the codex could forever change the way the world views the holy Word of God. As Jon and Shannon work to validate their find, it soon becomes clear that there are powerful forces who don’t want the codex to go public. When it’s stolen en route to America, Jon and Shannon are swept into a deadly race to find the manuscript and confirm its authenticity before it’s lost forever.

Peace to my Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!                   *smile*                and ...     Always Joy in the Lord!

and ...    did I mention it's free?                              *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:16 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Free Book!     Vyrso.com/july                                      

The Constantine Codex

Paul L. Maier

I put this thread under General instead of Vyrso because it's just that great!  You wouldn't want to miss it, eh?

What a fantastic author Maier is!           This book and his others!              Israel!         Archaeology!

Excitement!                  Mystery!                      Gripping!                  You will want to read the whole book in one sitting.

Harvard Professor Jonathan Weber is finally enjoying a season of peace when a shocking discovery thrusts him into the national spotlight once again. While touring monasteries in Greece, Jon and his wife Shannon—a seasoned archaeologist—uncover an ancient biblical manuscript containing the lost ending of Mark and an additional book of the Bible. If proven authentic, the codex could forever change the way the world views the holy Word of God. As Jon and Shannon work to validate their find, it soon becomes clear that there are powerful forces who don’t want the codex to go public. When it’s stolen en route to America, Jon and Shannon are swept into a deadly race to find the manuscript and confirm its authenticity before it’s lost forever.

Peace to my Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!                   *smile*                and ...     Always Joy in the Lord!

and ...    did I mention it's free?                              *smile*

*bump*                              Great book!              Still Free!             In a few minutes I plan to shut down my computer and go and read this exciting book!       *smile*    

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:50 PM

Okie dokie, Milford.

This is the first time I tried Vyrso. I hope it doesn't blow up my Logos4 or even worse, murder all the archaeologists in my library!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 1:32 PM

Denise!                         So Good to hear from you!                                  Maier is one of my favourite authors and so glad to see him on Vyrso, so I can take it this wherever!

*smile*

I was also thinking of you yesterday when I ordered and received from Logos

Gute Nachricht Bibel

Altes und Neues Testament.

Mit den Spätschriften des Alten Testaments

(Deuterokanonische Schriften/Apokryphen)

Logos gave me the right to download it the L3.0g, of all things! *smile*

Sort of thought that was over!

Download Instructions for Previous Versions

Confirmation Code: KKQC734R94CGTQQ77FTKGCTQ3 Unlock

Also, Denise, I want to thank you for some truly great humour in many of your posts....     ...some of it quite subtle!

You are appreciated.  Thank you and thank God for you!

Peace to you!              ........     and Great Joy in the Lord!

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:07 PM

Well, I'm half-way through. Of course we 'are' talking about a novel.

But it's quite interesting as a high-level theology discussion buried in lengthy monologues. After I finish this, 'now' I'm going to have to backtrack to the 600s period to see what happened. I'd previously read in our dear Logos on John of Damascus and how early Islam was considered by some bishops as an off-shoot Christian sect. Now I can see why.

Don't know if this is still 'free', but it's interesting reading on Christianity vs Islam (at a very high level).

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:33 PM

DMB:
Don't know if this is still 'free', but it's interesting reading on Christianity vs Islam (at a very high level).

Am pleased that at least one other Forums user found this a "gem" on various levels.  It is a novel; however, there are a few great "insights" there for the person with ears to hear!

(or whatever! )         *smile*

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:57 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

The Constantine Codex

Paul L. Maier

It's also free for Kindle.  I decided to download the Kindle version rather than clutter my HD with frivolous novels.  Wink  Big Smile  Hope it's good.  Did he consult with Dan Brown?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:42 PM

Well, I hope I'm not insulting the author but:

(1) The factoids he drops to create semi-authenticity might as well have been pulled from a typical Logos volume (very evangelical-ish).

(2) I'm really temped to compare the english translation of the newly discovered NT text (part of the novel's twisting story) to  the text of the novel itself. It sounds the same (duh). But what I'm curious about, is what syntactic clues a human uses to say 'it's the same'.

I already did that for the NT book of Acts comparing the various quoted sections (eg Paul's conversion accounts). I'm not in agreement with most scholars; I suspect Luke cut/pasted.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS