Bug: Strange Floating Window Behavior

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 19 2012 12:19 PM | Locked

I found a strange behavior exhibited when closing a floating window. If I have my main Logos window minimized and then click the red x on the floating window (so as to close the window) my main Logos window automatically reappears.

Steps to Reproduce this Issue:

1. Open Logos and Open the ESV and ESV Study Bible.*

2. Open the ESV Study Bible in a floating window. Then return to the main Logos window so that you are viewing the ESV.

3. Minimize the main Logos window.

4. Close the floating window that was behind your main Logos window. This should cause the main Logos window to reappear.

*Note: You must have at least two resources open to reproduce this bug. One resource must be open in the main window. If you have no resources open in the main window you can successfully close the floating window without the Logos main window reappearing.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 10845
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:10 PM | Locked

Seems that this only occurs when you only have a single floating window open. If you have another floater open and click each one after minimizing the main window, the display shifts to the other floater when one of them is closed.

From this, I conclude that this is expected behavior. If the above ¶ does not make sense, let me know, and I will attempt a translation.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Jack Caviness:

From this, I conclude that this is expected behavior.

Did it do this before? I don't seem to remember this happening to me before.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 10845
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:44 PM | Locked

Jonathan:
Did it do this before?

Don't know that I ever tried this procedure before, so I cannot answer your question.

However, this would appear to be normal behavior. The display shifts to the next panel in sequence with open resources.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS