BHS morph search Bug?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:04 AM

I just noticed today that morph searches (even just searching for lemmas) in BHS 4.2 or 4.0 fails. Is this an old problem that I'm just noticing, or a new one?

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:09 AM

David B Phillips:

I just noticed today that morph searches (even just searching for lemmas) in BHS 4.2 or 4.0 fails. Is this an old problem that I'm just noticing, or a new one?

David,

Just did a lemma for רַאה in 4.2 and in 4.0 no problem.

Chris

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:14 AM

Chris,

Confirmed. I can search for some things no problem. But try for example דבר  (to speak) or הלל (to praise). These return 0. It seems some work for me and some don't. Do they run for you?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:21 AM

Hi David,

I'm seeing the same thing with some words, such as בָּרָ֣א.

I'll report this as a bug.

Thank you,
Melissa

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:37 AM

Great! Thanks Melissa!

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:40 AM

David,

Yup. I tried דבר and got zero hits. Is it because of the multi definitions. When I put "lemma:dabar" in it showed several options including "v.s דבר speak" What resolved in the box was "lemma:דבר.2.v" is it all the lexical options that throw it off?

Chris

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 11:01 AM

I thought that might be the case (and it may be), but I don't think so. If you try a similar search using the ESV or another database that uses the Andersen-Forbes morphology, searches seem to work fine when multiple options are present for a lemma. Further, I tried searches in the BHS where the lemmas didn't have options that still produced 0 hits (דִבֵר)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS