Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:34 AM

Looking at the "best page" - http://www.bestcommentaries.com/best.aspx with the TOTC coming out in November, you can get all but 13 out of the 112 on Libronix now.   A few interesting things:

• 7 of the 13 that aren't available on Libronix are published by Zondervan. Wonder if they will ever budge?
  • 2 of the 13 are the BST for the Old Testament. Which makes me wonder why we don't have this already in electronic form because the BST for the New Testament is already available.

Just for the fun of it, I looked at John Glynn's "Ultimate Commentary - OT", 12 of the 73 are not on Libronix. I could go on, but it appears that most cases, at least 75% of the titles of people's libraries are on Libronix.

What does this mean? This means that Libronix has come a long way in five years to being a standard for which you can collect most major titles for your theological library on. Logos has also further strengthened this position by producing a Mac version, so between windows and Mac, only about 1% of personal computers cannot be facilitated natively by Logos.

I am so glad that seven years ago, I decided to put my money on Logos, rather than try to keep up several Bible programmes at once. I really hope the next generation of Logos software makes as big of a splash as their resource coverage is! Smile

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:53 AM
I couldn't agree more with Donovan's comment! The range of first class commentaries and other resources available to Logos users is absolutely fantastic! I'm also impressed by how cosmopolitan Logos is - for a company based in the States, UK authors and hence users are fairly representedit and catered for which can't always be said for some other bible software platforms. The only thing that I sometimes wish for is that the gap between newly printed publications and their digital/Logos equivalents could be shorter.
Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 12:49 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

• 2 of the 13 are the BST for the Old Testament. Which makes me wonder why we don't have this already in electronic form because the BST for the New Testament is already available.

I too would love to see the BST Old Testament volumes available in the near future. Since they are also published by IVP, maybe as the Tyndale Commentaries get closer to going public electronically they'll add the BST OT Commentaries and the remaining IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament volumes (the first two which are still in Pre-Pub) to their growing list of great resources for Logos users.

Posts 58
ZoesProudDaddy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 8:05 PM

Yes I am amazed as well at how far Logos has come in the last 3-5 years. Absolutely stupendous! Once they put up Anchor (and I was able to pick it up) I was done, done as in my favorite commentary set and resource ever was now MINE, ALL MINE, my precious Smile But on a serious note, thank you to all of those at Logos for working your butts off and getting the deals done and making the relationships in order to have these resources available.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS