Accessing TDNT entries from DBL

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 46
Stephen Charles | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:08 PM

I apologize if this bug has beeen mentioned before, there are so many entries in this forum, and of course it's entirely possible that I'm missing something!  However, clicking on a hyperlink to a TDNT entry from within the DBL resource does nothing.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:29 PM

Steve Charles:

I apologize if this bug has beeen mentioned before, there are so many entries in this forum, and of course it's entirely possible that I'm missing something!  However, clicking on a hyperlink to a TDNT entry from within the DBL resource does nothing.

What is your platform?  I just tried it on my Windows 7 machine and it works fine.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 46
Stephen Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:45 PM

Windows 7.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:56 PM

Steve Charles:

Windows 7.

In that case, I don't know what the problem is.  Can you post a screen shot showing the pointer at the position where you click when attempting to access the TDNT?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 46
Stephen Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:37 PM

The cursor (which did not come out) is directly over the 1.715 after TDNT in the first line (entry 4589):

In the screenshot, I have already clicked on the hyperlink, and you can see the reference in the box, but it will not load the resource ...

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:43 PM

Steve Charles:
The cursor (which did not come out) is directly over the 1.715 after TDNT in the first line (entry 4589):

I checked the same entry, and it worked for me.  Perhaps you should try hiding the DBL volume the unhiding it.  This should force the download of a new file.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 26601
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:52 PM

Steve Charles:

You should also get a popup for the TDNT entry. Do you have the TDNT resource in Library?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:54 PM

Steve Charles:
However, clicking on a hyperlink to a TDNT entry from within the DBL resource does nothing.

Steve, I do not have the same issue. Frankly I am forgetting a lot of what I learned about Logos that I haven't used in awhile, but I prioritized both DBL and TDNT a long time ago and then applied prioritization limits to both as can be seen below (right click on the prioritized title and select 'set prioritization limits'). I don't remember why I did this and if it addresses the issue you have. Try it and let me know.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 7:00 PM

Yes it is probably a prioritization issue, but it should work if TDNT is high enough in the prioritization list, even without advanced prioritization. Mark, you probably set the priority limits because in some cases the link will even take you to the Enhanced Strong Lexicon even though the popup shows TDNT.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 7:21 PM

Jerry M:

Yes it is probably a prioritization issue, but it should work if TDNT is high enough in the prioritization list, even without advanced prioritization. Mark, you probably set the priority limits because in some cases the link will even take you to the Enhanced Strong Lexicon even though the popup shows TDNT.

My TDNT is more than half-way down the list, and it works fine.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 7:21 PM

Todd Phillips explains why in this thread.

hyperlinks to TDNT - Logos Bible Software Forums

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 46
Stephen Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 7:22 PM

So, I get the pop-up window.  The resource is near the top of my prioritized resources list.  I hid the resource and then un-hid it.  And I get the same problem.  Also the Strong's number in the same window does nothing as well.  The Louw-Nida works, though ...

Posts 46
Stephen Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 7:27 PM

Todd, thanks!  I set the type to Greek, and it now works!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS