What's up with the Hebrew in DDD?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1593
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 17 2012 7:51 AM

The Hebrew in the Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible has weird large bolded Hebrew. Here's a screenshot next to BHS.

Link if pic not working. http://cl.ly/image/3V3Q0c2i2V0p

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2229
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 7:58 AM

your screen shot does not show up

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:10 AM

They do show in the link he gave.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:18 AM

Ben, mine is not quite so bolded. What font is your hebrew set to? 

AND  have you got any markup (Bold?) applied to that heading?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1593
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:27 AM

Hebrew font is SBL Hebrew, no filters applied. This is the case with every Hebrew word I've looked at in DDD.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:48 AM

Ben:
This is the case with every Hebrew word I've looked at in DDD.

Hello Ben,

What is the Support Info for this resource? (Press the Resource Information button at top right in the panel, then scroll down to the end)

I have:

LLS:13.0.23

2012-06-21T19:37:10Z

DDD.logos4

Thank you!

Posts 1593
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 10:02 AM

That is how mine reads as well.

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 10:12 AM

Ben:
That is how mine reads as well.

I'm only seeing the Hebrew in headings as bold. The Hebrew in normal paragraphs are displaying as intended (for me).

The Hebrew font size is usually made a little bit bigger than normal to help with reading, and we try to avoid using bold. For DDD, the bold was applied to the whole heading paragraph, resulting in the bold Hebrew. I've made a note about this, and it will be corrected at some point in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS