The marks in High Definition NT

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Enoch Wang | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:23 AM

Is there a table showing all the marks and their meaning?

When I read on iPad, it is difficult to memorize all the marks.  A table will be helpful. Thanks.

Posts 12476
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:57 AM

Hi Enoch, welcome to the forums!

actually there is a separate resource, the HDNT Glossary, which explains all these and which is invoked in footnote style on the PC - no idea how this turns out on the iPad, maybe you need to download it.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2
Enoch Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:02 AM

Thanks for the help!

I have the glossary.  The problem is that the glossary only has text explanation, it does not show the displayed mark in the verses. It is hard to guess what is what.

Posts 12476
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:43 AM

Enoch Wang:

Thanks for the help!

I have the glossary.  The problem is that the glossary only has text explanation, it does not show the displayed mark in the verses. It is hard to guess what is what.

Enoch, I hope some of the iPad gurus drop by (such as Alabama24) - if they don't, you may consider reopening this in the iPad/iPhone forum and perhaps add a screenshot of what you see.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 1:01 PM

NB.Mick:

Enoch Wang:

Thanks for the help!

Enoch, I hope some of the iPad gurus drop by (such as Alabama24) - if they don't, you may consider reopening this in the iPad/iPhone forum and perhaps add a screenshot of what you see.

I believe it would be beneficial if the symbols and margin labels were clickable in addition to having the hover-based pop-up.  The click could cause a sticky pop-up to appear (like verse references do) that would contain the hover text  Then inside the pop-up a link to the glossary could be placed (just like the verse pop-ups have a link to the full text).  This would benefit both mobile and desktop users.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS