Was surprised to receive the Quran as a download

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 68
Shmuel Birnbaum | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:35 PM

Does anyone know why Logos decided to include the Quran as part of our Bible package?

Posts 1601
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:52 PM

I don't believe it IS part of a package... I got the Arabic version for free, along with some nice lexicons.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 36041
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:00 PM

Shmuel Birnbaum:

Does anyone know why Logos decided to include the Quran as part of our Bible package?

I don't find it in any of the base packages. If you look at your order history on the Logos site you should be able to see why it was delivered.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1883
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:00 PM

It's made available as a resource for research, especially apologetics or witnessing with Muslims. Having it in a digital format allows us to easily search it and cite it. I have found it helpful when reading some books on Islam to be able to read what it's own claims are rather than what someone else says. If anyone wanted to write a small paper or a book comparing the claims of the Bible and what the Quran says about Jesus for sharing with others it can be helpful to easily search both. On the product page on Logos there is a disclaimer.

Logos provides two free translations of the Quran in the Perseus Arabic collection. They also provide the Perseus Classics collection for free which contains a lot of Greek non-biblical literature. They provide it to allow us to learn how a particular Biblical word was used in other Greek literature (very helpful if a word is used only once in the NT.

Logos provides a lot of ancient texts for historical background and contexts. They also are making religious texts from other faiths available for apologetic purposes. Having this in the same library system as our Biblical material is helpful and will save time.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:01 PM

it's a part of the Perseus collection.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS