Bug: Small Window with added bonus of a Crash

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 41
Michael Lane | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 25 2012 4:23 AM

75343.Archive.zip

I've experienced the intermittent bug of L4 opening in a small window for a while now. But now it does so at every start-up.

Furthermore, maximizing the window (by either the green button or by dragging corner to resize) causes a crash every time.

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2012 7:18 AM

Michael - I read your logs, but the problem is beyond my ability. At the end of your logos4.log, the following warning appears:

"Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries used by your application."

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2012 8:36 AM

Michael Lane:
I've experienced the intermittent bug of L4 opening in a small window for a while now. But now it does so at every start-up.

Noticed Logos4.log has a message about placement:

Setting window placement: {77, 672, 400, 300} | frame: {{77, 56}, {400, 300}} | state: 0 | frame: {{77, 56}, {400, 300}}

The crash does show resizing to be a problem.

Wonder about launching to a blank layout, then try resizing ?

Also wonder if can open resource(s) in a floating window ?

Since using current stable Logos 4 Mac, one option is contacting Logos Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 41
Michael Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2012 10:26 AM

I was able to float a panel, docked it again and started to close some of the panels and L4 crashed.

Restarted, simply closed all the panels for a blank layout, then quit L4.

Restarted again to the blank layout. L4 opened to a small window, but I was able to maximize without a crash. Opened a couple panels without a crash, then quit L4.

Restarted again, this time program opened to a full window, no crashes!!

Thanks for the help.

I do wonder if the bug will hit again later.

Here are my new logs, for what they're worth:

804136.Archive.zip

Posts 3183
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 3:46 PM

Michael,

If you haven't had a chance to update, can you try from here http://www.logos.com/logos4mac, and tell me if the behavior you described persists?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS