How can I copy Bible text without the returns or other hidden characters?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Rev. Don Godwin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:03 PM

Would love to be able to copy the text of a passage MINUS the returns etc. I have set preferences to NOT copy footnotes, etc., and "Citation style" is currently set to "APA Style (4th Ed.)", whatever that means (I think I have tried them all though). I have resorted to using an online strip tool, but that is a workaround I'd love to avoid. It takes me much longer than it should to simply get text out of Logos4 and into my word processor.

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:56 PM

One idea is Copy Bible Verses using Bible Text Only:

Another idea is a personal book => American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 34
Rev. Don Godwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:29 PM

Hmm... I didn't even know about the "Copy" tool. Very nice... for now, I think the "simple" option will help me most. Wishing there was a way to sort of make my own, and/or to put that Copy Verses tool into the right-click popup. But for now, that helps a lot. Many thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:00 PM

Rev. Don Godwin:
Wishing there was a way to sort of make my own, and/or to put that Copy Verses tool into the right-click popup.

Wonder about using the Logos 4 Mac Text Service with Keyboard shortcut => Mac help for Logos so can enter verse reference, optionally using abbreviation => http://www.logos.com/L4/support/biblebookabbrev  (with period between chapter and verse: e.g. php4.4) , highlight verse reference, press cmd + shift + E keyboard shortcut to replace reference with passage (from Logos 4 Mac).

Option: can double click keyboard shortcut cmd + shift + E to change (in System Preferences => Keyboard => Keyboard Shortcuts - Services - Text)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:45 AM

Rev. Don Godwin:

Hmm... I didn't even know about the "Copy" tool. Very nice... for now, I think the "simple" option will help me most. Wishing there was a way to sort of make my own, and/or to put that Copy Verses tool into the right-click popup. But for now, that helps a lot. Many thanks!

Hi Rev. Don,

You can actually create your own Copy Bible Verses style. Check out Copy Bible Verses from the Logos Bible Software Wiki. It should give you some ideas on how to create what you are looking for. From there you can paste directly into Word or Pages.

Blessings,

Philana

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS