Having trouble keeping up with the type of books that you have in your Prioritized list in the Library? Then this tip might be useful to you.
We can create PB's with names that reflect the heading that we want and then add them to our Prioritized list as place markers.
First i created a virtually empty docx file as shown below:
1. Click on Add book in the Personal Books tool.
2. In the title box name the book what you want to show up in the heading for your Prioritization list.
3. Click on the Add file button and locate the docx file that you created above. [hint: you can use this same docx for each heading PB that you create.]
4. Now click on Build book button to create the PB
5. Now in your library you can filter to your PB's by entering editions:user in the find box. [hint: after you build a PB and you have the library open, it may take a few seconds after building the PB for it to show up in your library list. Also after it appears in the library list you may need to scroll to locate it.]
6. Now drag your PB heading book into your Prioritized list where you want it. These can help you visually see where you have organized your book types.
QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, MacrosDell Insp 1720Core 2 Duo, 1.6 G, 4G RAM, Vista
Nice idea and VERY useful. Solves a 3-year frustration!
Also useful in organizing inside tags too since sub-tags aren't possible
DMB:Nice idea and VERY useful. Solves a 3-year frustration!
Frustration? Before there were PBs, the trick was to use renamed Logos timelines as stand-in for "group headings" or dividers, as IIRC can be seen from the wiki.
L6.6 B2 (LNow, L6 Luth. Silver & Verbum Scholar + more, Crossgrades, L5 Vrb. Master+) on Acer Extensa 5230E (4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Win7 32bit)
Gee ... renamed timelines too! I suppose one could rename the Perseus collection; no need to hide.
Maybe I should read the wiki.
NB.Mick:as IIRC can be seen from the wiki
i updated where i had placed the old method. Just now i restored the old method and added the new method (PBs). It didn't occur to me until just now that those who used L4 on multiple computers or devices, that the PB method will not sync. (i only have L4 on a single laptop).
methods for headings in Priority List
It's a shame that this isn't automatically done by L4, oh developers, yoo hoo, developers.....
Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband, Lover of Baseball!
DMB: I suppose one could rename the Perseus collection
"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power" Wiki Table of Contents
DMB:I suppose one could rename the Perseus collection; no need to hide.
If I would have had coffee in my mouth, it would have been spewed.
OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install