Preparing Your Library runs forever

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Gary Crossman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:14 AM

I am installing Logos 4.0 upgrade from a DVD and my install and log in went fine.  Now I am in the stage of Preparing Your Library 1rst stage of 3.  This has been going on for 13 hours and is still in stage 1.  I am running Windows XP sp3 on a 2.53 duel processor with 4g ram.  I have over 1,700 resources.  Does anybody else take this long?  Should I hang in there or stop the process?

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:22 AM

Gary, indexing can take a very long time. On my netbook, it would take about 24 hours! 

There should be a countdown (it's a very bad guesstimate) when you hover over the logos icon in the taskbar. This will give you an idea if everything is going smoothly.

How large is your HDD - how much free space do you have?

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:33 AM

If I remember correctly, mine took about nine hours with 1100 resources.  Give it a little longer and see if it finishes up.  I think I made it through the "Preparing your library" stage rather quickly.  (Just a few minutes)  The indexing part is what took so long with me.  Not sure if you are in the same situation or not...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 9
Evan Brammer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:42 AM

Indexing takes forever, but preparing your library shouldn't take THAT long.  I would almost think you need to kill the app using task manager and reload it.  It should go through prepping the library within the hour (usually only minutes I think) and then start the arduous task of indexing.

What kind of resources is it hogging in Task Manager?  It might just got hung up.

Once you do get indexed though, backup your index and resources - and use them to reinstall later or on another machine.  There's some How-To's on the forums here.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS