OT: MS LiveLabs' work with web based collections

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2009 9:43 AM

Admittedly Off Topic (and yet ...)

http://www.getpivot.com/

Interesting how they are trying to approach the ability to get one's arms around large amounts of dynamically related data.  Be sure to watch the video to understand ...

JRS has left the building.

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:52 AM

I was perusing the Logos forums this morning before I go out in the yard to once again do battle with the fallen oak leaves (why don't they all fall at the same time!?  must be part of the curse in Gen 3?). Wouldn't it be wonderful if, like fallen mankind, fallen leaves could have a representative or federal head?  Then, all I would have to do is go out a pick up a single leaf.  Sorry.  Embarrassed

Anyway (back on topic for this OT), it occurred to me that a utility like Pivot might be of genuine use where one is having trouble keeping up with, say, a forum with a bazillion or two posts.  Especially, a forum where a ton of useful/relevant information and discussion exists, but because of the size and growth of it, the Search function is becoming useless. 

It might also be an interesting/efficacious way to be able to organize and keep tabs on all sorts of information in a future implementation of a growing electronic Library and Study program.

Just thinking out loud ...

Now to get after those leaves!  Ick!

JRS has left the building.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS