Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 10 2009 5:39 AM

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I thought that I would seek your advise/recommendation. Our Men's Bible study will be studying the books of Ezra and Nehemiah. I will be preparing most of the written lessons, and would like to do as much research into the background as possible. I have determined to read 1 Samuel to Nehemiah and the prophets that are related to the time period. Can any here recommend any resources? In particular, I would really like to learn the cause(s) for the exile. Also, favorite commentaries on these books that are published by Logos?

Thanks, and may the Lord bless you.

Dan Smith

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 6:08 AM

Well, if you're starting from scratch, you should use a good bible dictionary or encyclopedia.  The article on "captivity" in the ISBE Revised is a pretty good overview, as would the entries on each of the biblical books you're interested in.  Paul House on1, 2 Kings (NAC) is readable, and Tremper Longman gives it four stars in his commentary survey. 

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 6:53 AM

You can get some idea about the commentaries here: http://www.bestcommentaries.com/category/ezra-nehemiah/  and you can see there also the logo of Logos at those that exist in Libronix format.

Bohuslav

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2009 4:51 AM

Thanks guys.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS