Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:42 PM

Jeff Libby:

@Tommy, yes I have only one highlight in Alone With God and thousands of highlights (and growing) in my ESV.   It would be great to get a fix for this since it slows my reading down, having to wait for my highlights to "stick".

I'm presuming your have both resources open at the same time. Is highlighting faster whne you have closed the resource which has the great number of highlights (ESV)? Having a resource open with a large amount of highlights will cause the act of highlighting to become slower. 

Posts 30476
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:01 PM

Tommy Ball:
I'm presuming your have both resources open at the same time. Is highlighting faster whne you have closed the resource which has the great number of highlights (ESV)? Having a resource open with a large amount of highlights will cause the act of highlighting to become slower. 

I dont think the issue is the speed of the lesser marked up resource... the issue is the speed of the greater marked up resource! I have stopped using my ESV because of it.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22
Jeff Libby | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:07 AM

@Tommy, I am experiencing the highlighting slowness with my ESV which has many notes and highlights. I can have both the ESV and Alone With God open at the same time and highlighting in the ESV will be slow and highlighting in Alone With God will be fast.

Thanks.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:42 PM

Jeff Libby:

BTW, I also have LOTS of highlights in my ESV so my hypothesis is the same as Paul's - it may have to do with the large number of highlights within a resource rather than the size of the note file.

Hi Jeff,

Having a large notes file or lots of highlights really means the same thing - it's a lot of data that has to sync between the mobile device and Logos' servers (sometimes hundreds of megabytes).  We are aware of the issue but as of yet do not have an elegant solution.

Posts 7
David Lott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2014 5:14 AM

I'm not a programmer, and I certainly don't know the structure of the Logos programming, but would it be feasible to develop a sort of temp file for highlighting that would cause the newly added markups to appear relatively quickly in the resources and a background process that would add it to the permanent file. That would not do away with initial time required for loading of all markups on a resource opening, but would greatly reduce frustration levels at the user end at the time of highlight additions.  Just a thought.

Posts 30476
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2014 5:52 AM

Welcome to the forums David. Smile

David Lott:

I'm not a programmer, and I certainly don't know the structure of the Logos programming, but would it be feasible to develop a sort of temp file for highlighting that would cause the newly added markups to appear relatively quickly in the resources and a background process that would add it to the permanent file. That would not do away with initial time required for loading of all markups on a resource opening, but would greatly reduce frustration levels at the user end at the time of highlight additions.  Just a thought.

This thread is a year and a half old... and much has changed in that time. If you are experiencing slowness, it would be good for you to create your own thread, explain your issue clearly, and provide as much relevant background info as possible (i.e. "how do you organize your notes," "how many notes do you have," "which resources experience slowness," etc.).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS