copying from NOTES or CLIPPINGS to MS WORD (or anything else)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 22 2009 8:32 AM

forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else. I've searched the forums for about an hour and haven't found an answer ...

I'd like to copy from a NOTES or CLIPPINGS file to MS word. I can't seem to do this... am I missing something?

for example, if I'm doing a study in Proverbs, and want to pull out some verses and make some notes...the CLIPPINGS file seems to be the best for this...but i can't get my clippings to MS word...

I don't need to print...I read several posts on that long thread...

thanks for the help

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:13 AM

Presently there is no way short of a screen shot.

I use Onenote...

bob

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:22 AM

Robert Pavich:

I use Onenote...

OK. well, at least I'm not missing something...

so, does this mean you don't use the CLIPPINGS or NOTES at all? you copy _everything_ to OneNote?

THANKS for answering!

mattmcgill

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:36 AM

Matt,

No...it doesn't mean that...I use both...when I'm too lazy to fire up one note...I use clippings....when i need to go beyond just the "gathering info" stage...then I open Onenote or whatever....

If you put the clippings into one note...you can still type into Onenote and Onenote will even try and turn your clippings "image" into editable text

It's either / or for me.

When clippings is finished, I believe that it's gonna be awesome.

Robert Pavich

Posts 747
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:37 AM

Matt McGill:

Robert Pavich:

I use Onenote...

OK. well, at least I'm not missing something...

so, does this mean you don't use the CLIPPINGS or NOTES at all? you copy _everything_ to OneNote?

THANKS for answering!

mattmcgill

Matt,

I still use the notes and clippings, but have to manually copy and paste them into Word before I can print/use them.  It's a work-around for now, but I believe Logos is working on this with a release date TBD.

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 10:47 AM

JH:
I still use the notes and clippings, but have to manually copy and paste them into Word before I can print/use them.

each verse and note has to be copied individually, right? 50 verses with 50 notes would be 100 separate copies and pastes...

I really want to make sure I know what I'm getting into, as I hate to do a ton of work, and then not be able to get at it very easily...

I've actually been using logos since the very first version... but have never really liked making notes in the program... I'm trying to evaluate if I'm going to start or not...

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 10:50 AM

Robert Pavich:
If you put the clippings into one note...you can still type into Onenote

I used to use OneNote...for meetings and stuff...I'll re install it ... how do you "put the clippings into one note?" are you meaning that you make some clippings and then put them into one note... or do you mean that you when you use one note, you do so without any connection between the two programs other than cut and paste?

matt

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:23 PM

Matt,

Yes...I either go directly to OneNote OR gather all of the stuff while I'm reading into clippings and then paste them into OneNote where I can add commentary, or other actual pasted stuff

Then I usually print them to PDF and then print to paper if necessary.

PS: I get them into one note via it's "create screen clipping (windows + S) " function OR use Jing OR use snips via windows 7 that I just got.

Robert Pavich

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS