Where can I find out what exactly was updated in a resource update?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 14
Debra Milner | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:48 PM

Today I received a resource update that included updates to most of the New American Commentary volumes. Where can I find out what was updated in these books?  This is kind of critical, since I am using two of them on a research paper and need to know if my citations and such are still accurate.

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:58 PM

Hello Debra,

We just corrected some typos and updated the linking. The resource content is unchanged, and your citations should still be valid.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:59 PM

There is a log file that you can monitor by following a few hoop-jumping steps...I seem to recall following some of them a couple of years back...but then decided it didn't really matter if I knew what Logos was doing...some people "just like knowing". Give it some time, someone will tell you more.

Posts 14
Debra Milner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:42 PM

Sigh.  I wish there had been a way to know that this update would take so long. Several hours later it is still 'preparing my library" and the paper is due in 3 days, and I only have the evening hours to work on it.  Perhaps the alert that there are upates to install could indicate that they are large or small.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 8:21 PM

Debra Milner:

Sigh.  I wish there had been a way to know that this update would take so long. Several hours later it is still 'preparing my library" and the paper is due in 3 days, and I only have the evening hours to work on it.  Perhaps the alert that there are upates to install could indicate that they are large or small.

Cheer up, your library will be completely prepared at least an hour before your paper is due Wink.  Seriously, I understand your frustration and think that the "preparation" seems overly long for most updates.  You might consider shutting it down and re-initiating it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS