Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 9 2009 10:08 AM

I see that this software doesn't like Greek since I was going to post "Follower" in Greek but the characters I was attempting to input don't come out right.

The listing of posts states that there are N replies and N1 "Followers."  What does that signify?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2009 10:37 AM

If I recall correctly, the Followers would be those that follow a thread via email.

David

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2009 11:37 AM

I half-way wondered whether that wasn't the case, but it seems rather unnecessary to note that some are following a conversation by email.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2009 1:44 PM

GeorgeSomsel:
I see that this software doesn't like Greek since

EEK!  ἑλληνικός doesn't work?  If Greek and Hebrew don't work that could be a problem for these forums.  Quick someone at Logos find the UTF-8 switch!

hmm, the  preview seemed to indicate that Greek worked.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2009 3:32 PM

Thomas C. Black:

EEK!  ἑλληνικός doesn't work?  If Greek and Hebrew don't work that could be a problem for these forums.  Quick someone at Logos find the UTF-8 switch!

Perhaps the fault is with my settings or simply that the subject line doesn't allow Greek.  I'll try that again (subject header, that is).

george
gfsomsel

Posts 27905
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2009 5:13 PM

See how these turn out with only font size changes.

πρόσωπον Greek

Hebrew אֱלֹהִ֔ים

----------------------------------------------

==> That's encouraging - but first had to paste some English text for this reply (to nuke the R to L of the Hebrew).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2009 11:54 PM

GeorgeSomsel:

Thomas C. Black:

Perhaps the fault is with my settings or simply that the subject line doesn't allow Greek.  I'll try that again (subject header, that is).

It now appears likely that there is a problem with my machine or the software since I just attempted to type some Greek in an e-mail only to have it come out as gibberish.  I can type Greek in Logos notes, but apparently not outside Logos.  I just today finally installed the Logos keyboards on my new computer which co-incides with the beginning of not being able to type Greek outside Logos.  Previously I had been using the Windows keyboards but didn't like the layout since I was used to the Logos keyboards.  It may be that this problem is a result of the keyboards not working well with Vista since they worked well with XP.  Perhaps the Logos experts can look into the matter.

george
gfsomsel

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS