Faithlife Videos on Win7

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2348
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 8 2012 2:39 PM

I am running Logos 4.6 SR 2 on Win 7 64-bit.

Today my Faithlife Study Bible videos updated. I tried to explore them and can't open any of them. This is what I get

When I click on the more information link it tries to open http://www.logos.com/cgi/Redirect.aspx?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.logos.com%2FL4%2Fsupport%2Farticle%2Fvideo but the logos website gives me the wandering sheep and a 404 error.

The videos work fine on my iPad, is there supposed to be support for L4Windows?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2012 7:30 AM

David Thomas:
is there supposed to be support for L4Windows?

I am running the latest beta (4.6Beta 4) under Windows 7 and these videos do play.

Not sure what else to say.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2348
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:00 AM

Mine are working perfectly today. But Logos doesn't report that there were any updates sent overnight.

I was getting some "dangerous connection" warnings in my McAfee firewall yesterday. Maybe a reboot fixed it?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2348
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:03 AM

Just browsing through the videos and while they are still working, I just got this popup from my firewall

This only seems to happen when viewing FSB Videos.

Posts 9096
LogosEmployee

David Thomas:

Just browsing through the videos and while they are still working, I just got this popup from my firewall

This only seems to happen when viewing FSB Videos.

That IP address is one of our servers that host the videos (for streaming download over the Internet). I'm not sure why McAfee thinks this is "risky", but it seems like a false positive to me, and allowing it to block the connection will probably prevent the video from playing.

Posts 2348
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:35 PM

Thanks Bradley. It was weird that the videos were working even when I got that pop up today. I white listed that IP address just to avoid conflicts in the future.

Posts 98
Henry Finkle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:39 PM

I installed logos on a new PC today that has a clean Windows 7 and I transfered all the files according to the quick installation wiki method 1.

I can open all my books but It seems like I have a problem with video playback. I am not able to view the faithlife videos. I get the exact same message for the video playback as the one from the OP.

It's not my firewall, because I tried turning the firewall completely off and I still get the same error message. In the menu there is an option to download the videos. Selecting that option does seem to download the videos, but I still can't play them back even after downloading.

Is there any requirements that still needs to be met before the videos can be played? Some video codec or media player? I am on a clean installation of Windows 7.

On my old PC running windows XP I am able to play all the videos. It doesn't seem to have the option to download the videos though.

Thanks for any support on this.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS