Display lemma occurences by voice?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 84
Nigel Cunningham | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009 9:36 PM

Hi all.

I'm looking at ἐβασίλευσας in Revelation 11:17, and did a "Bible Word Study" report, expecting that I might be able to see somewhere in there a complete list of where the lemma is used, and select to sort them by voice. I'm not seeing anythiing like that - am I just going about things the wrong way or using the wrong resource to start with or such like?

Regards,

Nigel

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:31 AM

Nigel, maybe someone who knows something about this sort of stuff might appear. But, I could get the information in the new Beta through the datasheet option of a Morph search....

I don't know of any other way to do it...

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:19 AM

I had been wondering how I might use the new datasheet view in searches, now I know Smile

FWIW Nigel, if you're not keen to install the beta, every occurence of βασιλευω in the NT is active, in the Septuagint there is one passive in Daniel 9:1, and a middle or passive in 1 Kingdoms 27:5...

Damian, I presume this is a bug, if you run this morph search in the Septuagint in datasheet view do you have the same results being replicated many times over?

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:48 AM

Jon Rumble:
I presume this is a bug, if you run this morph search in the Septuagint in datasheet view do you have the same results being replicated many times over?

Hard to see how it could be a "feature"  :)

Very strange - wonder what causes that...

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:50 AM

I love the form of the word too...

Posts 84
Nigel Cunningham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:20 AM

Thanks John - and everyone else who replied.

Guess I'll need to try the new beta after all. I assume it also lets you arrange by tense?

Regards,

Nigel

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:57 AM

Yep, it lets you arrange the search results by any morphological category; you can even choose 2 options, eg arrange by tense and then number

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS