Custom Power Lookup?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Adam Porter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:49 PM

I really like how, when I use Power Lookup on a Reference, the Power Lookup shows not only that verse in every Bible, but also every reference in my commentaries.

What I would like is to have a custom Power Lookup that only showed hits in commentaries.  I set up a "Bible Study Guide" that only shows hits from commentaries, but it only shows links to the commentaries, not the actual text. 

I want a Power Lookup-style one that actually shows the text from the commentaries, but not from all the Bibles.

Is there some way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2012 7:25 PM

Hi Adam,

Adam Porter:

What I would like is to have a custom Power Lookup that only showed hits in commentaries.  I set up a "Bible Study Guide" that only shows hits from commentaries, but it only shows links to the commentaries, not the actual text.
I want a Power Lookup-style one that actually shows the text from the commentaries, but not from all the Bibles.

Have you tried the Explorer tool? It works kinda like a mini Passage Guide. When you hover your mouse over Commentary links, Logos4 shows you a popup window it text for that commentary's entry. (see below, notice the mouse is hovered over a commentary entry.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 20
Adam Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2012 7:38 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response.  I've tried that, but what I want is to see snippets of the commentaries without having to click or hover to see them.  The idea is to be able to quickly scan over them and see if any look interesting.  If I have to hover over each one, it sort of defeats the purpose.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2012 7:43 PM

Then you should probably post this in the Suggestions forum so that Logos will see your request.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2012 7:30 PM

Adam Porter:
What I would like is to have a custom Power Lookup that only showed hits in commentaries.

One option is searching for verse reference in a commentary collection:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS