Prioritize Passage Guides

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 197
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 24 2009 5:59 AM

I have two passage guides that I have created.  One is a more extensive guide that includes some fields from the exegetical guide and one is a simpler one with just some cross references, commentaries, etc. The more extensive one was created first, lets call it "super guide" and then I created "basic guide."  The problem now is when I click on my reading for the day from the reading plan it always opens the "Super Guide" which takes a lot of time b/c of the searching it is doing.  How to I set which guide gets opened when I click on my scripture reading?  Is there a way to prioritize these or is it just based on whatever I had open in my last layout?  I tried closing the "super guide" and opening the "basic guide" to update the layout and then close/open L4 but I still end up with "super guide" when I select on the link for my daily reading.

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 6:01 AM

Whichever is called "My Passage Guide" will override the system default in all places.

Posts 197
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:56 PM

Good to know.  Looks like there is now way to rename passage guides though.  So will just have to delete & recreate.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:04 PM

John Eggen:
  Looks like there is now way to rename passage guides though.  So will just have to delete & recreate.

Not exactly intuitive, but to change the guide name open an instance of the guide and select "edit guide template" from the panel menu.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS