about the newspaper

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
Arthur Balis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:11 AM

I am checking Logos 4 this morning.  I need to verify my understanding.  New content every day right?

With the exception of an article on ISBE, (a product I wholly recommend) todays edition has the same material as yesterdays.Sleep It's like reading the TimesStick out tongue

Am I missing something or is it still vanilla until my library is installed?

-waiting for DVD,

Art

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:12 AM

Art,

Not knowing exactly what's going on...let me suggest you push "F5" which is "refresh" when you're on the Homepage....this should refresh the articles if possible.

Make sure you are connected to the internet and that you have "use internet" chosen in your program settings.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 65
Arthur Balis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:22 AM

Robert,

Thanks for trying to help.

I think it's a function of only having one title in my library.  I have the L4 shell installed with ISBE as the only title in my library.  I bought L4 on DVD, yesterday.  I have only limited functionality until the library is installed.

From what I can gather, the newspaper only updates with articles from the Logos blog?

The ISBE is giving me plenty to read in the meantime.

Art

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:29 AM

Art,

Are you a completely new Logos user?

If you are...then I think that you have to wait for the DVD...not quite sure.

If you're connected to the net...and you have the software set to update...then there is a possiblity that it will load all of your books that way even though you have a DVD coming...

Just for kicks...try this: type "update now" in the command bar (no quotes) and wait a while to see if your resources come that way....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 6:02 AM

Arthur Balis:

I am checking Logos 4 this morning.  I need to verify my understanding.  New content every day right?

With the exception of an article on ISBE, (a product I wholly recommend) todays edition has the same material as yesterdays.Sleep It's like reading the TimesStick out tongue

Am I missing something or is it still vanilla until my library is installed?

-waiting for DVD,

Art

Apparently the home page isn't always correct since today, Nov 25th, my home page says it's the 26th (Thanksgiving Day in the US).  I imagine though that what you are seeing isn't a mistake since not all of the content of the home page changes every day.  Some of the articles may stay there for a week. Just read the things you haven't seen before and skip over those you have already read.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS