Morph Search on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7
Sheri Tesar | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:17 AM

For my Seminary class, I need to do a morph search for wayyiqtols in the book of Jonah. I have step by step instructions from the instructor but they do not work. I suspect this is a Mac issue.

I went to Morph search, typed in @ to get a drop-down, then clicked on Verb, and Prefixed (Imperfect) Sequential and hit the blue arrow which is supposed to make the search go. It does not find anything. The search bar says "@V??m" and finds nothing.

Please help.

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:03 AM

I did the same search on my MAC and the search worked fine. I found 84 occurrences. It doesn't seem to be a MAC issue.

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 7
Sheri Tesar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:25 PM

Then it may be related to the crash I experienced last night with the bad update. I had to reinstall Logos.

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:48 PM

Sheri,

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles. If you recently had to re-install Logos, it may still be in the process of indexing your library. If so, this may be why you are receiving no hits for your morphological search. Give it time to finish indexing and then try again. That may be all it needs.

Let us know is this worked.

Cliff

Posts 7
Sheri Tesar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:20 PM

No -- still not working. I called and they had me download yet another version. It has finished indexing (or at least the Logos icon is gone from the top of the screen.) I called again and the operator tried my instructions and they didn't work for her either. She is supposed to be sending me some training video but it is not in my inbox yet.

Here are my instructions from my professor. Maybe there is a better method??

Click on the search icon (magnifying glass in upper left-hand corner of screen).
Select Morph search in upper left-hand corner.
The blue text should read: All Morph Text
Click on the next blue text, which reads All Passages, scroll down to New Reference
Range Box and type Jonah and hit Save.
Click on the next blue text (All Resources) and scroll down to select ESV.
Click on the fourth blue text and select Anderson–Forbes Hebrew Morphology.
In the Find box, type @, which will bring up a Parts of Speech box
Select Verb
Under Verb Family, select Prefixed (Imperfect) Sequential
Click outside the box
Click blue arrow in Find box, that will highlight all the wayyiqtols in Jonah.

Nothing shows up on this search. Zero results.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:16 PM

Instead of ESV, choose one of my collections that includes ESV:

Clicked blue arrow to run Morph Search:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 12:15 PM

It worked fine for me too. However, I'm wondering about:

Sheri Tesar:
Under Verb Family, select Prefixed (Imperfect) Sequential
Click outside the box
Click blue arrow in Find box, that will highlight all the wayyiqtols in Jonah.

What is meant by "Click outside the box"? When I do it, I click on Prefixed (Imperfect) Sequential and then I either click directly on the arrow, or I hit Enter. If I try to first "click outside the box", the dropdown and the arrow disappears...

If it still doesn't work for you:

• What happens if you simply paste in @V??m and hit Enter?
  • What happens if you try to do the same search in the NRSV instead of in the ESV?
  • Can you give us a screenshot? (Use the paperclip icon to attach it.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS