Allow dragging multiple titles at once from the library

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19693
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 25 2009 10:49 AM

You can select more than one title at once in the Library by holding down the Ctrl or Shift key while clicking on a resource. But once you've got a multi-book selection, you can't seem to do anything with this grouping other than right click and prioritize them all or open them all at once. If you try to click and rag (e.g., into a collection or into the "Hidden Resources" box on the Program Settings tab), it only drags the one you clicked on, even if a whole bunch were selected.

Posts 2
Virgil Minden, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 11:31 AM

I agree.  This feature would be very useful to have.  I found myself missing the basic Windows ability to select multiple titles when prioritizing or setting up a collection.

Posts 19693
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 11:43 AM

Virgil Minden, Jr.:

I found myself missing the basic Windows ability to select multiple titles when prioritizing or setting up a collection.

You can select multiple titles in the Library in the basic Windows way, but you have to be careful to do your Ctrl+click or Shift+Click somewhere on the Rank or Type columns, because if you click on the icon or title colums it will open that resource instead of extending your selection. This behavior might need to be thought out a bit more carefully, because it's confusing, unintuitive, and not documented anywhere as far as I can tell.

Posts 2
Virgil Minden, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 12:18 PM

You can select the multiple titles in the library as in Windows but you can't drag several to prioritize them all at once.  In trying to define collections, I can't select several books to move them to the minus or plus resources section.

Posts 19693
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 1:05 PM

Virgil Minden, Jr.:

You can select the multiple titles in the library as in Windows but you can't drag several to prioritize them all at once.  In trying to define collections, I can't select several books to move them to the minus or plus resources section.

You're right, you can't drag several books at once into collections. That's what my original suggestion was about. But prioritizing is different. While you can't drag multiple books at once into the prioritization pane of the Library, you can still prioritize them all at once by right-clicking on the selected group and then selecting "Prioritize this resource" -- all of the selected ones will get added to your prioritized list.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS