Page 4 of 6 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 107 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 5
Joel Rowley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:50 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

Great link!  Thanks!

Posts 1
Jon Denery | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 6:44 AM | Locked

I am curious if after installing Logos 4 if I can delete 3 from my comp? Will it affect anything?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:46 AM | Locked

Removing Libronix from your machine should not affect Logos. However, keep in mind that Libronix can do some things that Logos 4 can't, keep it if you want those features. http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:49 AM | Locked

Jon Denery:

I am curious if after installing Logos 4 if I can delete 3 from my comp? Will it affect anything?

Don't delete L3, but you may uninstall it, if you wish.

HOWEVER, there are a few reasons to keep it for now:

1. Some functions of L3 are not yet in L4 (be sure to carefully review 'what's Missing' below for more details).
  2. You will need L3 to prepare your notes (if you have any) before importing them into L4.
  3. If you still have any L3 resources coming to you on CD/DVD, you may need L3 to install them before they can be imported into L4.

If none of the above apply to you, and you are really, really sure you don't need it, you may uninstall it.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 4
Tim Strauss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 6:39 PM | Locked

How can I find where to download the free Logos 4 engine download?  I have looked all over the website.  I thought that would be the best way to try it out and see if I like it.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 6:45 PM | Locked

TimStrauss:

How can I find where to download the free Logos 4 engine download?  I have looked all over the website.  I thought that would be the best way to try it out and see if I like it.

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Posts 4
Tim Strauss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 6:46 PM | Locked

Wow, that was a nice quick reply!  Thanks!  --Tim

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 3:49 AM | Locked

Hi there.....you may already be working on this (updating pages etc. given the release was only today), but I thought I'd just make a note of it anyway...just in case. 

Phil Gons wrote the following post at Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:20 AM:

If you have questions about Logos 4, you’ll find answers to many of them in our three FAQs:

On the anchor http://www.logos.com/support/faq#latest it still states the previous build.

Q: What is the latest Logos 4 build?

A:4.0a SR3 4.01.3.5180

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:57 PM | Locked

Aaron Knotts:

Hi there.....you may already be working on this (updating pages etc. given the release was only today), but I thought I'd just make a note of it anyway...just in case. 

Phil Gons wrote the following post at Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:20 AM:

If you have questions about Logos 4, you’ll find answers to many of them in our three FAQs:

On the anchor http://www.logos.com/support/faq#latest it still states the previous build.

Q: What is the latest Logos 4 build?

A:4.0a SR3 4.01.3.5180

Thanks I have reported this now.

Posts 3
Rodolphe Hayek | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:16 AM | Locked

I have L3 on my laptop. After downloading L4, some of my old books didn't show in my new library like the word biblical commentary (54vol.), and the purchased one like The Tabernacle: Shadows of the Messiah. Can you tell me pls how to retrieve my L3 library to L4 library?

Thank you,

Rodolphe

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 8:21 AM | Locked

Rodolphe Hayek:

I have L3 on my laptop. After downloading L4, some of my old books didn't show in my new library like the word biblical commentary (54vol.), and the purchased one like The Tabernacle: Shadows of the Messiah. Can you tell me pls how to retrieve my L3 library to L4 library?

Thank you,

Rodolphe

Rodolphe, you may get more response by starting a new thread, rather than tagging onto an old one. But here are a few tips to get you started, based on common problems/solutions for the type of problem you're reporting:

1. Make sure you have synchronized your licenses in L3.
  2. Make sure you Log in to L4 with the same login you use to sync your L3 licenses. (If you have multiple logins you will have to call or email Logos tech support to correct the problem.)
  3. Make sure that you are connected to the internet in L4 and have both "Automatically Download Updates" and "Use Internet" setting set to "Yes." (Note, if you have data caps through your internet provider, check out the strategies in the Wiki for installing and running L4)
  4. Make sure that you do not disrupt indexing, and that you let it complete before reporting missing books, or incomplete searches.

If you have done all of this and you still have problems report back and we'll dig deeper.

Posts 3
Rodolphe Hayek | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:53 PM | Locked

Thank you Richard for your reply. I have tried all the above, and the books still not showing. Note that I am logging with the same login in both L3 and L4.

God bless you,

Rodolphe

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 1:07 PM | Locked

Rodolphe Hayek:

Thank you Richard for your reply. I have tried all the above, and the books still not showing. Note that I am logging with the same login in both L3 and L4.

God bless you,

Rodolphe

I forgot to ask you to check to see if you can access those resources in L3. I assume that you can.

Try this from L4:

In the command bar (to the right of tools) type in scan [resource path] (where resource path=your L3 resources. e.g. "C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources\" - or, if you have a 64bit OS: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources\"). NOTE: this assumes you have your 'missing' resources in the default resource path.

If that fails, there is one more command to try from the same place in L4: update resources That command looks at all the resources available to your installation of L4 and compares them to your licenses on the Logos servers. This should work, but it does take some time to run.

Finally, if all the above fails log in to your accounts page on Logos.com and see if your purchases are recorded there. If so, there may be a problem with your license data on the servers that needs to be addressed by a Logos tech. If your purchases are not recorded there, it means that somewhere along the line, your license for those resources has been lost. That may be fixed by reinstalling the resources from the original CD's or DVD's and then synchronizing your licenses in Libronix (L3).

I'm not aware of anything else you might try after all of the above that doesn't require speaking with someone in the Logos home office. That can happen through their telephone support, or through email. Be warned that they have been very, very busy dealing with thousands of new customers, and with a new product. You could be on hold a long time, and it could take several days for an email to be answered. Their goal is 48 hours on email. They are getting better at meeting that goal. Also, if you email you will get an automated response directing you to these forums. Don't worry, they will still deal with your email as soon as they can. You can speed things up a bit by including the steps you already followed to try to solve this problem, and by having access to some common hardware stat's like the amount of hard drive space you have left, the type of CPU, your version of Windows, amount of RAM, and your brand of video card and the type (dedicated or integrated) and amount of video RAM.

Posts 3
Rodolphe Hayek | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:17 PM | Locked

I tried all what you have suggested, and still doesn't show. I guess I will send an email to the Logos home office.

Thank you for your good help.

God bless

Posts 1
Roger Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 6:24 AM | Locked

My homepage for logos 4 on my desktop is different from that of my laptop both are at home for usage. Why? how do I correct?

2 reading plans appear on the homepage for my laptop, how do I correct?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 6:32 AM | Locked

The "newspaper" content on the homepage is unique for each computer.

You can control what shows up in the blue "ribbon" by clicking on "Customize" on the lower left hand corner of the homepage. The top section will allow you to arrange and/or remove items from the ribbon.

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 5:53 PM | Locked

Is there, or will there be a 'share this' tab for the regular, computer version of Logos 4, like there is for the Iphone/Itouch app?

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 9:02 PM | Locked

I noticed that the two-volume book set ‘Apocrypha of the Old Testament’ is available, and readable on my Ipod touch, but is not on the computer version, I have not bought the books, I have checked the update circle tab by ‘layouts’ and it says that I’m up-to-date, is it common to have a book that is on the Ipod app, but is not on the computer version?

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 11:40 PM | Locked

haleray@hotmail.com:

I noticed that the two-volume book set ‘Apocrypha of the Old Testament’ is available, and readable on my Ipod touch, but is not on the computer version, I have not bought the books, I have checked the update circle tab by ‘layouts’ and it says that I’m up-to-date, is it common to have a book that is on the Ipod app, but is not on the computer version?

I have that set on my computer. I'm not sure why you don't, but the "update circle tab by 'layouts'" isn't how you'll find out whether you're fully up-to-date on resources. That is the sync icon, which only takes care of synchronizing your program settings, favorites, highlighting, notes, etc., with the Logos server (for backup purposes and so that you can share that stuff between your different devices). In other words, it's all the stuff you've personalized. But program updates and resources are handled differently. Try typing "update now" into the command line. If that doesn't do it for you, try "update resources."

Posts 13116
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2010 12:59 AM | Locked

haleray@hotmail.com:
s it common to have a book that is on the Ipod app, but is not on the computer version

Yes, it is. The iPhone app comes with a number of free resources which are not free on the Windows version. There's not a complete list, so I don't know what those are.There's a partial list on this page - http://www.logos.com/iphone/support - which also says "We will try to keep access to all the titles available at http://bible.logos.com free for your iPhone". If you look at http://bible.logos.com you'll see that it includes "Apocrypha of the Old Testament".

Page 4 of 6 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS