Logos 4 FAQs

Page 6 of 6 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 107 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 21
Dan Lybarger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:53 AM | Locked

Phil

Has there been any announcement on the release of the Dead Sea Scroll Data Base? I pre-ordered it and am anxious to see its format.

Yours and His

Dan

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:40 AM | Locked

Dan

According to http://www.logos.com/product/5961/qumran-biblical-dead-sea-scrolls-database it should ship on 23 Feb (next Wednesday).

I believe it was due to ship today so there has been a slip - and it may slip again.

Graham

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:01 PM | Locked

Graham Criddle:
I believe it was due to ship today so there has been a slip - and it may slip again.

I'm not in "the  know" but I can imagine a delay in shipping one resource could very well create a temporary traffic jam delaying subsequent projects. Although Logos has been adding more staff recently, there will always be a finite number and limited capability to what they can accomplish.

In the past few days another Pre-Pub hit a speed bump snafu right before shipping:

The World of the Aramaeans (3 vols.) needed a little last minute tweaking. Depending on what that issue was, it may have necessitated double-checking the other Pre-Pubs for the same issue.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5
Michael Jenkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 11:56 PM | Locked

Does anyone know how to purchase on line & get the student discount rate

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 12:24 AM | Locked

Answered in another thread......

FFI......With a person is required because { I think} different % off arise with different schools....ie....is Logos required at School etc....

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 2:45 AM | Locked

Michael Jenkins:
Does anyone know how to purchase on line & get the student discount rate

The website team are working on integrating academic sales into the website, but it's not possible yet. When you try you get a message that says it's "Coming soon" (but it's been saying that for several weeks!).

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 12:11 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
When you try you get a message that says it's "Coming soon" (but it's been saying that for several weeks!).

That needs to be translated into English. "Soon" (as in "soon and very soon, we are going to see the Lord") has eschatological connotations. It is already and not yet. It could be tomorrow, but it could still be a long way off.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 1:15 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

Mark Barnes:
When you try you get a message that says it's "Coming soon" (but it's been saying that for several weeks!).

That needs to be translated into English. "Soon" (as in "soon and very soon, we are going to see the Lord") has eschatological connotations. It is already and not yet. It could be tomorrow, but it could still be a long way off.

Now, that gave me the best laugh all week, I believe! Big Smile I think you really hit the nail on the head with that translation! Unfortunately, "a long way off" always seems to be the likelier option, and "tomorrow" probably requires a direct intervention by God. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 6 of 6 (108 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS