search "the"

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 84 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 7:06 PM

tom collinge:
This being said, your posting got me thinking.  I decided to turn off sync, and here are my new numbers:

That was certainly more effective than my suggestion ie. you changed Use Internet to No? The question now is did you also have logging enabled? ie. with Use Internet = Yes and logging disabled do you get the same improvement? I'm assuming that Notes sync has an impact, but we know that logging has an impact during import of Notes. Were you importing Notes when you got the slow search time?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 2:32 AM

Phillip:
If your hard drive is more than 50% full you will have a significant performance loss.  The closer your drive gets to capacity, the slower it becomes at an exponential rate. 

I didn't know that..I'm going to check into cleaning my out a bit..

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 3:06 AM

Robert Pavich:
I didn't know that..I'm going to check into cleaning my out a bit..

The degree of slow down is a surprise but that's why you always need a drive at least 1/3 (33.3%) bigger than the data you want to store on it (or take steps to ensure you have at least 25% spare capacity).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:08 AM

Dave Hooton:

tom collinge:
This being said, your posting got me thinking.  I decided to turn off sync, and here are my new numbers:

That was certainly more effective than my suggestion ie. you changed Use Internet to No? The question now is did you also have logging enabled? ie. with Use Internet = Yes and logging disabled do you get the same improvement? I'm assuming that Notes sync has an impact, but we know that logging has an impact during import of Notes. Were you importing Notes when you got the slow search time?

I tend to keep logging off because I import my notes from L3 routinely, and logging has a HUGE impact on importing notes from L3.  For the second set of numbers, I turned off the internet setting.

FYI...I imported notes between the two searches so that I can use them for the prep of my next sermon.

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:16 AM

Then it might be instructive to see a log with no Notes being imported and Use Internet = Yes. Also confirm that the search time is impacted.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS