Bug: Logos 5 STILL has Small Window Bug

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 620

Title explains it all.... see Screenshot below.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:19 PM

Disappointing.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:10 PM

There was a fix for this issue previously (in 4.6, I believe) and I can't recall having seen it reported since then until now.  If the issue has reappeared in Logos 5 we are going to need to reexamine to see if it is the same problem or just the same symptom.  It would be helpful to know more information about your system (looks like 10.8?) and have some diagnostic logs as well.  If you happen to notice any commonalities about when this issue occurs, that of course would be even more helpful.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:13 PM

Jonathan:
Title explains it all.... see Screenshot below.

Wonder about clicking Full Screen arrows (upper right corner), then restarting Logos 5 ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:54 AM

Tonya J Ross:

There was a fix for this issue previously (in 4.6, I believe) and I can't recall having seen it reported since then until now.  If the issue has reappeared in Logos 5 we are going to need to reexamine to see if it is the same problem or just the same symptom.  It would be helpful to know more information about your system (looks like 10.8?) and have some diagnostic logs as well.  If you happen to notice any commonalities about when this issue occurs, that of course would be even more helpful.

I am running 10.8.2 and most of my system specs can be found below in my signature below. I will work on getting diagnostic logs to you as well.

This problem seems to occur for me after a new install and usually while things are indexing. I also had Logos crash on me last night, so I saw it again after the crash.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:59 AM

I think the problem might be in your dock... some other program not to be named not liking you upgrading to L5 ;)

Posts 620

Tonya J Ross:

An Update:

This is happening very sporadically. It has happened to me twice now since my first post. Unfortunately, both times that it has happened, I did not yet have my diagnostic logging turned on. I have diagnostic logging switched on and should be able to catch the logs for you the next time it occurs. The last time that it occurred was right after a crash. I did get the crash log files and will attach them to this note.

It does seem to be happening after updates (I think it happened after updating to SR-3) and crashes. Is there a way for me to mimic a crash or update scenario to see if that will make this happen again?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:36 PM

Jonathan:
It does seem to be happening after updates (I think it happened after updating to SR-3) and crashes.

That's what I began to suspect the last time it happened to me in L4. Some kind of connection with crashes, that is. Though it hasn't happened again since, so it's still only a vague suspicion. It's never occurred more than a few times a year for me.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:03 PM

We just released 5.0 SR-4; please do post new logs if you see this issue occur after updating.  I didn't see anything particularly useful in the logs you posted.  

If you haven't already done so, please empty out your logging folder.  Most of the logs you posted are outdated. Smile

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:29 PM

Tonya J Ross:

If you haven't already done so, please empty out your logging folder.  Most of the logs you posted are outdated. Smile

Sorry about that! I did not know that I needed to empty my logging folder. I was under the assumption that new logs wrote over old logs upon every restart.

Tonya J Ross:

We just released 5.0 SR-4; please do post new logs if you see this issue occur after updating.  I didn't see anything particularly useful in the logs you posted.  

I installed SR-4 and did NOT experience the small window bug.

Although, I do have a theory (it might be worthless, but maybe not). I've notice that whenever I get a small window there is never any content in the window. It is as if my last layout disappeared (I have "Open to Homepage" turned off). I wonder if it is possible that something weird is corrupting or mis-reading our layouts. Perhaps, when we are updating it is losing something with layouts?

Just a theory, probably completely worthless! Wink

Posts 29742
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:53 PM

Jonathan – Do you use more than one computer? Do you have a duel screen setup?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:25 PM

alabama24:

Jonathan – Do you use more than one computer? Do you have a duel screen setup?

I use one computer. I do have a dual screen setup that I run when I am in my office. I move my laptop between the office and my home. When I am home I simply run Logos on its the laptop's screen. I know that I ran into this issue the night that I installed Logos 5. I believe that I had been running my computer on a dual screen setup that morning. Perhaps it has something to do with installing software after you have switched from running a dual screen to a single screen setup?

I also wonder if there is some kind of "perfect storm" that is taking place when this happens. It seems that it goes away for a long time, and then will appear three-four times before going "dormant" again. 

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:31 PM

Dear Tonya: The issue "does" still exist in latest version 4.

4.6 is newest I think.

Just thought the info might help.

Posts 29742
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:37 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
Dear Tonya: The issue "does" still exist in latest version 4.

Rusty - Do you have a dual monitor set up? Have I ever asked you that? I have this issue from time to time, but ONLY on my iMac, which has a secondary monitor. Another user at one time gave me the idea that it was related to an installation on a computer with a secondary monitor… just checking.

Posts 29742
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:38 PM

Jonathan:
I believe that I had been running my computer on a dual screen setup that morning.

That was the answer I was hoping for… Geeked

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:52 PM

alabama24:
Another user at one time gave me the idea that it was related to an installation on a computer with a secondary monitor… just checking.

Only I have never used a second monitor, and while I certainly haven't seen this issue often, I have seen it now and then.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 29742
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:01 PM

fgh:
Only I have never used a second monitor, and while I certainly haven't seen this issue often, I have seen it now and then.

Good to know… Do you have more than one installation?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:23 PM

alabama24:
Do you have more than one installation?

It's been on one and the same computer the whole time. And no OS updates either, if that's your next question.Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS