Do not downgrade to update to L5

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 3350
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:41 AM

I tried an experiment, I have Portfolio L4 upgrade to L5 was $1540.26- took the starter package L5, was $38, updated to L5, I went back in an to update now to Portfolio was $1606.84.

Wow! $60.00 more- looks like it should have been $40 less.

You Go Logos!!

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:52 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I tried an experiment, I have Portfolio L4 upgrade to L5 was $1540.26- took the starter package L5, was $38, updated to L5, I went back in an to update now to Portfolio was $1606.84.

You Go Logos!!

Interesting......  I have Platinum L4 myself and was sooooo tempted to just get the Starter upgrade at $42 just to have the new shiny L5.  My main hesitation all night has been the fact that Starter would gimp my feature sets and I want all the bells and whistles for language studies.  After hearing the results of your experiment I know not I need to just wait until a feature set only option is offered.

Just curious are some of your features grayed out in L5?  From the upgrade page it looks like you only get 25 out of 53 possible features.  You should not have access to Clause Search, Timeline, Bible Sense Lexicon etc. and that is a deal breaker for me.  Can you confirm?

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 3350
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:01 AM

Kevin

10-4 cannot use those functions.

I did not update my laptop, just in case there was an issue- so I'll wait and see what happens in a couple of weeks.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:12 AM

Thanks for the confirmation.  I hope you have some solace in the fact that your brave experiment helped others to avert the same path.  I guess patience is the order of the day until a fully featured cross grade option is on the table.  Much appreciated.

On the positive these new features are great and I look forward to putting them to use hopefully sooner than later.

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 5998
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:24 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

You Go Logos!!

If you have made a genuine mistake I am sure that Logos will help you out. They seem to be very good that way.

If you read that blurb most of the fancy new bits of L5 come into play once you get the 'New Gold' package so that would have been a better switch for you.

If you have a look at the New Version with the same name as your original version and decided that the extra resources in it are of no interest to you then a change to a more appropriate package (with a different name) might be more economical.

You will not loose any of your existing resources, you might gain some additional resources with the name change.

What it comes down to is how much the word Portfolio is worth to you. 

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:24 AM

Whyndell, there's a 30 day money back guarantee if you want to "un do" your experiment!  Call Logos Customer Support if you want to go back to what you had before.

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:30 AM

Hi Wyyndell

Whyndell Grizzard:
I did not update my laptop, just in case there was an issue- so I'll wait and see what happens in a couple of weeks.

I believe that once you have purchased an L5 upgrade, all of your L4 machines will be updated assuming that you have them configured to permit updates.

You may want to ensure that you have this turned off on your laptop as you wait to see what happens

Graham 

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:32 AM

Hi Paul

Paul-C:

Whyndell, there's a 30 day money back guarantee if you want to "un do" your experiment!  Call Logos Customer Support if you want to go back to what you had before.

My guess is that this would have to involve a complete reinstallation of L4 - it wouldn't be as simple as just flipping a switch

Graham

Posts 1675
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:41 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I went back and looked at my upgrade path, and it appears that once you have purchased an upgrade, that the succeeding upgrade discounts are reduced.

Sort of a "one time only" offer. But I'm betting a call to the sales department might be more fruitful.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 3350
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:45 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Paul

Paul-C:

My guess is that this would have to involve a complete reinstallation of L4 - it wouldn't be as simple as just flipping a switch

Graham

As I said it was a experiment- to hopefully save some other's the grief.

I believe that to be the case as well- with 6700 resources a complete re-install of L4 is not desirable- takes a while.

I did have some updates on my laptop this morning it did not auto dwnlld L5, it seems you would have to go back into your orders and manually download each machine.

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:48 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:
I did have some updates on my laptop this morning it did not auto dwnlld L5, it seems you would have to go back into your orders and manually download each machine.

Interesting.

Are you running XP on your laptop? In that case, it wouldn't attempt to install L5 but I thought it would otherwise.

It is, of course, possible that I am mistakenSmile

Posts 321
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:08 AM

I only want the new databases and new features

Is it possible to downgrade to Silver?

I have Logos Platinum, but I don't want to upgrade. There aren't many new interesting books for me.

And it 's very expensive € 453

But in Silver upgrade the most new features are available (except 2: Bible Word Study: Sense and Bible Word Study Septuagint Translation). In Gold is only Bible Word Study Septuagint Translation missing.

For me Silver 'upgrade' is only € 118

Upgrade tot Gold is € 348

Any idea?

Hans

Posts 12635
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:14 AM

A.J. van den Herik:

Yes.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5998
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:22 AM

A.J. van den Herik:

But it would be a mistake to consider it a downgrade.

The new silver would be a change - your old Platinum is very much still yours and will not be downgraded at all.

You should think of it more of Platinum with New Silver.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 2647
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:55 AM

A.J. van den Herik:

I have Logos Platinum, but I don't want to upgrade. There aren't many new interesting books for me.

Hans

Hans I had L4 Platinum and purchased the L5 Silver to get all but a few of the features available in L5. It was the closest option to a cross grade for me. L 5 is wonderful on the Mac and the new features are great. I do not know what the crossgrade cost will be, but it will probably not be much more than my purchase, especially considering the several resources new to L5 that will probably need to be purchased along with the crossgrade for L5 to be fully functional. I am pleased with the purchase, but wish there was a true crossgrade/upgrade path.

Posts 3350
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:38 AM

Graham Criddle:

Whyndell Grizzard:

Interesting.

Are you running XP on your laptop? In that case, it wouldn't attempt to install L5 but I thought it would otherwise.

It is, of course, possible that I am mistakenSmile

Graham

i'm running Win 7.

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:40 AM

Thanks Whyndell

Whyndell Grizzard:
i'm running Win 7.

I'll check into this

Graham 

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:04 AM

Graham Criddle:

Thanks Whyndell

Whyndell Grizzard:
i'm running Win 7.

I'll check into this

Graham 

Hi Whyndell

I have checked with Logos and they confirm that once upgrading your account to L5 all compatible machines should be updated - assuming updates are enabled.

I have asked them to comment on this thread - but recognise they are rather busy!

Graham  

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:01 AM

Once a Logos 5 upgrade has been unlocked on your account any installs using that login should automatically download the update to Logos 5 (unless they are running Windows XP or OSX 10.5).  

The first the things to check are the standard autoupdating issues.  Do you have 'Automatically download updates' and 'Use Internet' set to Yes?  Do you have a functional Internet connection?  

With this update there is a further question of what update channel you are using.  Logos 5 has not yet been published to the beta channel in any permutation, so you will want to make sure you are set to the Default or Stable updating channel.

After that, it might be useful to see diagnostic logs from the computer you are having trouble with.  Any other information which might be relevant would also be appreciated.

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:18 AM

Hi Tonya

Thanks for responding and clarifying

Graham 

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS