A DEFINITIVE answer from Bob on the 'Minimal Crossgrade'

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:57 PM

Tons of questions regarding this. I think it's pretty clear from this statement that the answer is a resounding YES with a grain of patience.

Bob Pritchett:

Much of what's cool in the software upgrade, though, works in collaboration with some massive new databases. The 10 new databases are presently sold as part of new collections, which also contain lots of new books. Eventually we'll offer other purchase configurations, too, allowing many different purchase prices. You can get close to that now by "upgrading" your Platinum 4 to a Gold 4; you keep all your existing Platinum 4 content, and get the new databases and some new books.

This was from this post

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:04 PM

Tom Castle:
"upgrading" your Platinum 4 to a Gold 4

I think it was meant to say "upgrading your Platinum 4 to Gold 5".  I was in Portolio 4 and I "upgraded" to Gold 5. I kept all my resources and still got >300 new resources.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:14 PM

I'm sure that's what he meant. Not really the point of this thread though. The point is that, with some grace and patience, everyone's needs will be met in regards to Logos 5.

The repetitive posts about duplicate purchases and the 'business practices' of Logos are rather boring in my view.

I'm finding it hard to find information on what Logos 5 is actually all about amidst the junk posts.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:20 PM

Tom Castle:
I'm finding it hard to find information on what Logos 5 is actually all about amidst the junk posts.

I wondered when someone would ask that question.

If you haven't seen it there are descriptions on the Logos site: http://www.logos.com/features

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:10 PM

Tom Castle:
The 10 new databases are presently sold as part of new collections

Can someone point me to the link that clearly tells me what these ten new databases are.  I looked on the Logos 5 features page but do not see a section that makes it clear what the ten new databases in L5 are which are not in L4.

I have been a logos user for around 15 years and I saw the change over from L3 to L4.  I understand a lot more today but if I were to put myself in the shoes of many on this forum, I would have to guess that even with all the explanations, it is still very confusing. 

I understand it is best to wait for the cross grade.  And I understand that the ten new databases will be available to me when I do a cross grade, once that option is available.  But I do understand the frustration of users who were not around to witness the change from L3 to L4.  

So my question is simple:  Can someone point me to the link which will explain the ten new databases that are in L5.  On the L5 New Features page, I saw 9 new features (not ten new databases).  So that cannot be a listing of new databases.  As well, in L4 there is a timeline.  So while it may be enhanced in L5, it does not seem to me to be a new feature.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:17 PM

Mark:
Can someone point me to the link which will explain the ten new databases that are in L5.  On the L5 New Features page, I saw 9 new features (not ten new databases).  So that cannot be a listing of new databases.  As well, in L4 there is a timeline.  So while it may be enhanced in L5, it does not seem to me to be a new feature.

The databases are listed toward the bottom of the base package comparsion chart. The timeline is significantly different in L5. You may want to view the videos on the support page to get a better feel for the new features

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:32 PM

Mark:
Can someone point me to the link that clearly tells me what these ten new databases are.  I looked on the Logos 5 features page but do not see a section that makes it clear what the ten new databases in L5 are which are not in L4.

Tom, I am still getting familiar with them myself.  Here is a list of the ten, and some of them are explained on the new features page.  I'm sorry I am not able to do more hunting for their locations for you right now, nor can i give more personal experience.  But hopefully this will at least give you some focus/direction

New databases

1. Bible Word Senses database
  2. Bible Events database
  3. Clause database
  4. Phrase database
  5. Preaching Themes database
  6. Referent database
  7. Reported Speech database
  8. Root database
  9. Thematic Outlines database
  10. Universal Timeline database

Dan

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:37 PM

Fredc:
The databases are listed toward the bottom of the base package comparsion chart

Thank you for your help.  I now see those databases, but I count 16.  So clearly, they are not all new since there are only ten new data bases.  Can you tell me which of the 16 are the new ten databases?  Some of the data bases seem to be sold separately.  I am having trouble figuring it out because when I mouse over them, it covers up others and mousing over them is not very easy.

Dan your post I did not see before posting this.  So thanks for the clarification.

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:41 AM

Mark:

Fredc:
The databases are listed toward the bottom of the base package comparsion chart

Thank you for your help.  I now see those databases, but I count 16.  So clearly, they are not all new since there are only ten new data bases.  Can you tell me which of the 16 are the new ten databases?  Some of the data bases seem to be sold separately.  I am having trouble figuring it out because when I mouse over them, it covers up others and mousing over them is not very easy.

Dan your post I did not see before posting this.  So thanks for the clarification.

And I did not see Fred's before posting mine and I suspect you did not see mine before posting yours.  Wink hope that list helps you.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 25205
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:09 AM

Hi Mark

Mark:
Some of the data bases seem to be sold separately. 

This isn't actually the case - there was an error on the web site

See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58026/414094.aspx#414094 for an official Lgoos response

Graham 

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:37 AM

Well, then.  That adds to consumer frustration, disappointment and confusion.  Graham, thanks for pointing that out.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS