Official: Minimum Crossgrade and free engine download are coming!

Page 17 of 17 (331 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17
This post has 330 Replies | 36 Followers

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 1:58 PM

I don't care about the minimal crossgrade and have decided not to get any minimal crossgrade in L6 either. I bought Logos the first time some 11-12 years ago. At the moment I'm unable to track what it was but I will look into it perhaps this weekend.

I started hanging out on Logos User Forums (mostly General) in March 2012, and got hooked sometime in April and bought the L4 Original Languages Library base packages together with a few resources among which I'll mention Hermeneia Upgrade (3 vols.) on April 19. 2012.
Then I added an Anabaptist book and a Jn monograph a little later, and in the middle of the summer I returned Hermeneia Upgrade (3 vols.) and bought the whole Hermeneia/Continental set. I don't remember exactly, but some time before that set I started discussing much more and looking for products. For a couple of months I only spent a little bit of money, but from October 2012 until now I've been buying so much that I've made my girlfriend upset.
I did L5 upgrades, returned, upgraded again, return. So I'll let it remain unsaid what I have, but I might have Göttingen Septuagint (which I'll only be able to use after a while anyway), Gk tools, John Howard Yoder Collection (12 vols.) and various books (I'm too lazy to open up my Orders page right now to see, or the emails to a person who asked for guidance about which resources get used). Additionally I have things such as Accordance with UBS Translator's Handbook New Testament plus the end-of-2011 Oxford Encyclopedia of the Books of the Bible as printed matter. I'll just share with You that I'm VERY content with what I've found (although it has not always been cheap and I could perhaps spent a little less) and not finding much more to buy other than a few pre-pubs such as the Revised English Bible and New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible (5 vols.).

I've been discussing on more and more of the Logos User Forums. After I'll receive my Nook HD 8 GB I'll put discernment in which books to download to it, and focus more on reading, and perhaps less on discussing on Logos User Forums. I have my two desktops and will try to highlight, make notes (and search). So I'll try to make up for the $$ spent.

Many years from now I will still be on a budget. I hope that I'll be able to get recent works little by little despite that limitation. Which reminds me of the thread and Faithlife group: Creating a budget and cancelling orders

If anyone cares to advice me (perhaps has some of those books), I have book questions in: Outdated and expensive ... left unanswered!

Right now I'm focusing on hardware and Microsoft questions for the next 1½ weeks: macros. Should I stick with Word 2010 or upgrade to 2013?

Returning to the subject, I heard that minimal crossgrade dynamic prices have gone up! Despite that I don't regret my reluctancy!

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 708
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:16 PM

My question: What say does your girlfriend have in your finances?

The answer should be "none."

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:41 PM

I'm out of luck what to say to her to calm her down. We don't live together or something like that, never had, she can't sleep that well in the same room as most people and she likes living on a central location whereas I like space (and also have more stuff, furniture and vehicles (mostly pedicabs)).

I've tried to explain to her for what I use, and especially will use, Logos. But it's like she doesn't follow and came with remarks that I need BDAG (only expensive resource she would approve I guess).

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:33 PM

Unix:

I'm out of luck what to say to her to calm her down. We don't live together or something like that, never had, she can't sleep that well in the same room as most people and she likes living on a central location whereas I like space (and also have more stuff, furniture and vehicles (mostly pedicabs)).

I've tried to explain to her for what I use, and especially will use, Logos. But it's like she doesn't follow and came with remarks that I need BDAG (only expensive resource she would approve I guess).

But as a girlfriend, why does she have input into your finances? Perhaps this is a cultural thing... Or perhaps your finances are intertwined. However this is not typical here in America until after the wedding, or at least after the engagement to be married. Unless and until my time, energy, and resources devoted to Logos impact my relationship with my girlfriend then she doesn't say a word.

However if I were to spend so much money that I needed to borrow some from her to make ends meet, or could not afford to pay for our dates (on a regular basis), or had not the time, or energy to devote to the relationship then I would hope she would speak up.

If she simply thinks its a waste, tell her mechanics need tools, hairdressers need scissors, expensive chairs, hair dryers and magazines on style. The tools of the pastorate (or your traditions equivalent) are books. Also I replied to your post RE Office 2010 vs 2013.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 4:32 PM

I doubt it's a matter of intertwined or cultural (over here many don't intertwine their finances even when married), just that we are both poor and have high expenses (she lives on a central location and has cable and nice walk-in wardrobe) and get stressed if either one has low funds. Sometimes I neglected cleaning my apartment when I sit studying and discussing too much - so that's what she has been pointing out:

abondservant:
Perhaps this is a cultural thing... Or perhaps your finances are intertwined.

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11

Posts 708
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:47 AM

Unix:

I doubt it's a matter of intertwined or cultural (over here many don't intertwine their finances even when married), just that we are both poor and have high expenses (she lives on a central location and has cable and nice walk-in wardrobe) and get stressed if either one has low funds. Sometimes I neglected cleaning my apartment when I sit studying and discussing too much - so that's what she has been pointing out:

Well that makes sense... she is worried about you.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 1
Bob Manuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:38 AM

To quote Bob Pritchett, . . .  "Once the phone queue slows down, and once we aren't helping people who do want to upgrade to a larger collection at a great price, we will put theMinimal Crossgrade up for sale. Then, some time after we've taken care of people who want to purchase that affordable crossgrade, we will put the free engine online, and offer the same level of free, friendly, phone or email support we've been providing for two decades -- even to people who bought one package a decade ago and have never purchased anything since. 

Yes, but when? We're not sure, but it won't be a terribly long wait -- though it may feel that way if you've watched the Logos 5 videos! I know it's hard to wait when it looks (and is!) so cool....

You'll soon be able to move to the Logos 5 engine at no cost at all. You'll even have an option for adding the coolest new data sets at a very reasonable cost.

I'm so sorry we didn't make all of this clearer right from the start, and I hope you won't be offended by our "paying the bills" focus on selling the revenue-generating upgrade bundles for just a short while before we offer the low-cost and free alternatives.

-- Bob Pritchett, President/CEO

My question . . . Has the minimal crossgrade came and/or the free Logos 5 engine come out yet?

Thanks for your reply!

- Bob Manuel

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:58 AM

Bob Manuel:

My question . . . Has the minimal crossgrade came and/or the free Logos 5 engine come out yet?

Yes it has, and I believe you download it from this page: http://www.logos.com/installation

Posts 10421
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:59 AM

Bob Manuel:

- Bob Manuel

loooooong ago :-)

free engine: http://downloads.logos.com/LBS5/Installer/LogosSetup.exe 

MC: http://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:07 AM

Yes, they have. The crossgrade and Core Datasets came in December, and 5.0 free engine in January, if I remember correctly.

The 5.1 free engine this week at the same time for everyone: www.logos.com/installation

All basepackages are still the same first Edition since the release of 5 in the turn of the month October/November 2012,
but may be altered at some point before the release of 6:

Bob Manuel:

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11

Posts 28125
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:37 AM

Bob Manuel:
Has the minimal crossgrade came and/or the free Logos 5 engine come out yet?

Your question has already been answered by fellow forum users, but I wanted to say welcome to the forums! The forums are a great place to learn about things like the free L5 engine (which has been available for about 6 months now). Feel free to stop by more often to find answers and ask questions Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 17 of 17 (331 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 | RSS