#Hashtags in #Logos5?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:55 PM

This is interesting...

Whats the point of the #Hashtag? Facebook/Twitter integration? Faithlife?

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 30852
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:19 PM

John - Is that coming from the megaphone? What translation & passage?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:29 PM

Hah, I get that too. Romans 11:4, ESV (KJV also shows it; assume any 'voiced' version will have the same thing).

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:31 PM

My understanding is that the hash tags are data markers for the speaker label icons. For some of the data you see, the hash tags haven't been removed. This tells me that the data set is still being worked on uh, perfected.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 30852
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:43 PM

Chris Roberts:
Hah, I get that too. Romans 11:4, ESV (KJV also shows it; assume any 'voiced' version will have the same thing).

Looks like an error in the data… and yes, it seems to appear in all "voiced" versions.

Richard DeRuiter:
This tells me that the data set is still being worked on uh, perfected.

Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:46 PM

This is an error in the data. I will pass this report on to the correct department.

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:49 PM

I suspect it has something to do with Biblical Facts tagging. The rest of those megaphone icons nearby in the text, if you hover over them, bring up info about a Biblical Person.

God the Father is a "person" in the Biblical Facts database. It must be a bug that it's showing up as the internal tag here rather than the way the other ones show up, with the gloss for that person.

EDIT: Oops, I took so long over my reply that Brisa had already answered.

Posts 1367
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:14 PM

Yes, this is an error in our data annotation: you're seeing some of our internal markup "leaking through". It should be displaying the Bible Facts information for God the Father (logos4:Facts;id=$23GodTheFather). The fixed data should be shipped next week.

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:47 AM

I'm not sure how widespread the issue is but I saw some more occurrences in 2 Timothy 2 this morning pertaining to the "Author Pentateuch"

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:55 AM

Hi Jonathan

Jonathan Sine:
more occurrences in 2 Timothy 2 this morning pertaining to the "Author Pentateuch"

That one is known and being worked on.

The idea is that it is simply quoting from the Pentateuch as opposed to linked to a particular person. The intent - I believe - is to make the label more friendly

Graham 

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:17 AM

A new version of the reported speech resource was just published that resolves most of these.  There are a couple speakers referenced that aren't in the "things" database yet.  These will be resolved in a future update of that database.  Enjoy, and please let us know if you enounter any othe problems with it.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS