BUG? My Hidden Resources got Unhidden!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27461
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 26 2009 3:46 AM | Locked

I installed Beta1 on top of SR-5 without any problems in Win7 RC on my laptop (as below). Then i spent a while downloading and indexing my Silver upgrade on the Desktop. I copied the Logos4 installation folder to USB drive and updated the laptop XP via the Quick Method, copying the Data and Documents folders across. That worked OK.

For Win 7 I only replaced the Data folders, but deleted ResourceManager.db before starting L4. The index was consolidated - no supplemental. L4 started, Prepared for about 10 minutes and I saw that the number of resources was as expected. A download of 130 MB showed up so I went ahead thinking it was Beta 2 and a small resource update.

The software was Beta 2 but when I checked the Indexer log I saw the Targums resources! Hidden Resources in Program Settings was very empty, and its previous contents were now being Indexed! I put them back into Hidden Resources whilst the Indexing was underway and then restarted L4 when it completed.

Now I'm back to the expected number of resources, beta 2 is running OK, and the index is a single "merged" one.

Questions:

Is this a bug or a result of my method of updating the installation?

Will the un-hiding propagate to my other installations, or will it be neutralised by the correction?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 3:54 AM | Locked

I'm pretty sure it has to do with deleting the resourcemanager.db file. 

The same thing happened to me wafter I deleted this file in the vain hope of gaining access to the syntax search. All my once hidden resources came out into the light.

Posts 33
Randy Butler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 6:15 PM | Locked

Can't answer your question of bug or your method of install, but it could be something else.  My hidden resources reappeared after the SR-6 or SR-7 update.  I've got 2 systems, both hidden resources were synced prior to that update.  After each machine updated, one machine had 'unhidden' all my resources while the other machine was fine.  And they've never synced back up, either.

Grrr - it took me a while to hide all those!  Looks like I'll have to do it manually again.

Posts 27461
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 6:51 PM | Locked

RandyButler:
My hidden resources reappeared after the SR-6 or SR-7 update.

Thanks for sharing that Randy.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:46 AM | Locked

Thanks guys I wasn't aware of this issue I have reported this.

Posts 33
Randy Butler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:27 AM | Locked

By the way, since my hidden resources aren't syncing via the cloud, does anyone know an easy way to 're-hide' my resources.  Since one of my systems is fine, would that be accomplished by copying my resources db file or does another file handle that?

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:51 AM | Locked

RandyButler:

By the way, since my hidden resources aren't syncing via the cloud, does anyone know an easy way to 're-hide' my resources.  Since one of my systems is fine, would that be accomplished by copying my resources db file or does another file handle that?

The hidden resources *should* sync up with your computers, we advise not to move files across computers because the paths are different (specifically the random folder for c:\...\...\AppData\Logos4\Data\<random_folder>). Have you tried clicking on the sync icon in the top-right corner (the double wavy arrow icon) on the machine that needs to sync up? Try that and even restart L4 after, let me know if that does anything.

Posts 33
Randy Butler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 8:18 PM | Locked

George Allakhverdyan:
Have you tried clicking on the sync icon in the top-right corner (the double wavy arrow icon) on the machine that needs to sync up? Try that and even restart L4 after, let me know if that does anything.

Yes, I tried that immediately after the updates, and multiple times since.  I've also left Logos running on both systems for a while on the off chance that they would sync automatically in the background.  Nothing has re-synced the hidden resources.  Today  I had a chunky 1.8GB update download on both systems.  Hidden resources are still out of whack.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 11:39 AM | Locked

RandyButler:

George Allakhverdyan:
Have you tried clicking on the sync icon in the top-right corner (the double wavy arrow icon) on the machine that needs to sync up? Try that and even restart L4 after, let me know if that does anything.

Yes, I tried that immediately after the updates, and multiple times since.  I've also left Logos running on both systems for a while on the off chance that they would sync automatically in the background.  Nothing has re-synced the hidden resources.  Today  I had a chunky 1.8GB update download on both systems.  Hidden resources are still out of whack.

Okay it is kind of strange, did you erase the ResourceManager.db file at any point? I was told that this will happen if that file is erased and a work-around could be a fresh install, if you decide to do that make sure to back up your resources folder so you don't have to download lots of gigs again.. The resources folder is:

XP   -    C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\<random_string>\Resources

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<random_string>\Resources

The fresh install should cause it to quickly sync up and realize the hidden resources, otherwise you will just have to re-hide them.. Someone will be helping you shortly...

Posts 592
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 11:45 AM | Locked

George,

I was told last week that their is a known bug in the sync'ing, I think it was timing out to quickly and I was told it was already fixed and would be in the Beta 3 update.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 12:18 PM | Locked

BobbyTerhune:

George,

I was told last week that their is a known bug in the sync'ing, I think it was timing out to quickly and I was told it was already fixed and would be in the Beta 3 update.

Ah Okay thanks, I believe Beta 3 should be coming out very shortly.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS