How are you using Sermon Starter Guide?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 79
Jamie Page | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:31 PM

I like the idea of the Sermon Starter guide and thought that maybe it might even be a good place to write sermon outlines as it has a place for Title and Description (thought the text box does not expand). I don't particularly like 

Curious, how are you guys using the SSG?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:39 PM

James Page:

I like the idea of the Sermon Starter guide and thought that maybe it might even be a good place to write sermon outlines as it has a place for Title and Description (thought the text box does not expand). I don't particularly like 

Curious, how are you guys using the SSG?

I would never use a guide to write a sermon.

I use it to spark ideas for a sermon I'm already working on. So far the intersection between the guide and what I'm preaching hasn't been very helpful (for example the SSG on Luke 10:1-12 includes no thematic outlines relating the ministry of healing to the proclamation of the Kingdom - the core of my message on that passage for tomorrow). But it has potential. I expect I'll use it more in the future.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:51 PM

I have a custom guide I use for sermon work. Puts together my commentaries and other reading areas. I don't tend to check online sermons, other illustration tools, or use graphics, so most of what is in the sermon starter guide isn't particularly helpful for me. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS